Monday, June 25, 2012

Cameron's B-day and Summer Fun

I was 2 weeks late on Cameron's party this year. The beginning of the summer is just so busy all the time, and there is an adjustment period of getting used to 5 kids around all the time.

Honestly, I was thinking about skipping the party all-together . . . but Cameron kept asking when I was going to make him his cake. A five year old doesn't let you forget to throw a party, especially my Cameron : )

It's been of my tradition to make a special cake for each child for their party. I asked Zoe if she was interested in making the cake, but she let me keep that baking responsibility. I'm glad for that, it's been fun to keep up with it through the years. (I'll have to find all my cake pictures and share someday)

Cameron asked for Luigi and mini chocolate chips this year . . . but I had made him a Donkey Kong cake last year. (this is last year's cake)

And we were keeping the party simple this year. So I went with his other favorite : )

I did include mini chocolate chips up the sides of the cake, he was very happy with that! He saw it on the counter top just after I had finished it and said, "Hey, there's a G on the cake!" and I said, "Yes there is, why did I do that" and he answered, "It's for a Packer fan!" with the cutest smile on his face.

He really is such a happy kid : )

He had to blow his candles out fast, because the wind wanted to do it for him.

And he quickly claimed an end piece that was loaded full of chocolate chips . . . which of course he got.

It was a beautiful day.

Here is a picture of the Buchanan side cousins . . . we missed Jack and Ella. (Ella visited us the next day and tried out the pool and slip and slide)

They spent the day playing in the water.

Or at least around the water like Castiel and Eli preferred to do . . . but Castiel seemed to get just as wet as the others without ever plunging in.

Here are some fun slip and slide pictures. Audrey and Cameron really love it. Olivia was learning how to. My mom may or may not have taken a tumble trying to help her go a little faster. KC, of course, had to give it a try : ) And Emmitt just took a walk on it occasionally and stopped all other traffic.

Fun day, fun party . . . glad it all fell together nicely and glad my little Cameron didn't let me skip it.

We also had a water balloon fight and a baseball game of adults verses the kids. And I surprised Cam with his preschool friend Paul who joined the party : )

Had to share this funny moment.

During the party, while Cameron was opening his gifts, there was an audible 20 second fart . . . and we looked in uncle Tony's direction.

I showed Emmitt this photo today and he said "I farted by Tony", I loved that he remembered . . . wonder if he was a little embarrassed yesterday.


Cameron got baseball bases, so we can play a real game in the backyard. (no more frisbees and hula hoops required)


And he also received a photo book of his week at the Lakehouse with Grandpa, which he started reminiscing with everyone at the party with big smiles across his face.


A late HAPPY BIRTHDAY blog to my little man, CAMERON! He is my sweet, goofball who loves to talk any one's ear off, play Donkey Kong with his daddy, play anything with Audrey all day, have Zoe make him chocolate chip muffins, Emmitt's best friend, Castiel's boxing buddy and talk about his fun-filled days at the end of every night with mommy while I tuck him in.

Truly a lovable, happy child . . . who my wish is for him to stay that way forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment