Monday, November 28, 2011

Today is a Very Exciting Day!

I've been a mother for nearly eleven years. Being a mother has been my focus.

I've been having babies, nursing babies and changing the diapers of babies for almost that entire time.

Now that my youngest are toddlers, I have a little more time for me.

A little more.

Before babies, I was a designer and an artist. I enjoyed projects. All projects. I see something and I usually don't buy it, because in my head I always say "I can make that".

My home has been my palette for years. My creations have been the colors on my walls and the flowers surrounding my home. 

Since being displaced for the last 5 months, I haven't had that outlet.

I have discovered a new love, Etsy. It is a site full of creative people.

I decided to start my own page and named it "Anything For My Kids". 

I created a group of ACEO watercolors (Art Cards, Editions and Originals). They are mini works of art that I only discovered there existence a couple of years ago. Tiny creations that make me happy. And they make me just as happy creating them.

I would have blogged about this a while back, but I wanted to get my first sale. You know, not one from a friend or my mother :) trying to pat me on the back. A real, for real sale.

And I got it!

I got my first sale. A lady in New Hampshire bought one this morning.

I have official sold my first work of art :) And it feels good.


I have lots of plans for the upcoming year. Projects in the works. Ideas spinning in my head.

Trying to get into my new house before I explode . . . looks like December 9th is the day :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! On both the house and the sale! I just recently re-opened my Etsy store too. I'm addicted to both that and Pinterest....

    Glad you'll have a new place to call home for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Mel....I have been thinking of selling bookmarks on Etsy, just have too many other projects to finish right now. Isn't it funny, the older your kids get, the more you are reminded of who you really are:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Etsy is such a great outlet, especially for at home moms who have other talents. You have a gift and I'm excited to check out your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog again...glad I did! Congratulations on your new home!

    ReplyDelete