Monday, July 30, 2012

Mommy's Master Template

I'm the kind of person who wants to do a thousand things at once.

It's sometimes frustrating being a mommy of five. To know that I'm capable of so much when I have time for so little.

I think that is why summer is so hard on me at times. It changes up my routine. And just as I feel like I finally have a new rhythm, summer is almost over. Then I feel like I have a million things I want to do in the remaining 3 weeks.

I decided to set up a 4-week rotating outline for my life. It covers the hobbies that I want to keep up with, the meal plan so I won't have to figure out what to put in my family's mouths daily, areas of the home to clean so I don't feel like I have to do everything daily, activities for the kids so they don't get bored, fitness plan so I will get off my butt and a routing schedule of what to write about in my blog.

If I have a plan, I don't have to think daily of what I'm going to do with my day. Saving me precious moments so I may be able to do more.

And, of course, I won't always stick to the plan. Real life cancels out a written plan all the time around here. It's just nice to have a template sometimes. To make life a little less monotonous.



Looks a little crazy, I know.

But this is the kind of thing that works for me. Have a plan. I don't feel as scatter brained that way.

I do have to be honest. We've had a great summer, the kids have been awesome and most days have been very happy around here. I don't mind the change in routine.

I'll miss them when school starts again.

1 comment:

  1. Love your planner! By chance can you make a template available for download? Thanks

    ReplyDelete