Sunday, July 29, 2012

Busy Kids are Happy Kids

It's been a long summer . . . but then again, it's going by so fast!

Keeping five kids happy for 3 months isn't always the easiest thing.

I believe that the busier I keep them, the happier they are.

It makes for a tired mommy, but a tired mommy is better
then a crabby mommy. And five kids bouncing off the walls
can turn me crabby fast.

So today we went for a walk. I had a "Nature Scavenger Hunt" list
(from Pinterest) for the kids, which kept them looking around.


The girls checked out the trail maps and we choose a 2 mile loop, because it took us around the water.


Audrey spotted a couple of turtles sitting on a log. And then we realized that there were a bunch of little turtles swimming around. Zoe spotted big frog too.


I loved how patient the girls were. They made sure the boys saw everything they could see. I love watching the boys faces, you can tell the moment they see what their little eyes are searching for.


This is near the end. Cameron was still running, but Audrey was starting to complain.


Emmitt refused to get out the stroller at this point. But trust me, he did his share of running and playing in the gravel. Castiel was the one who rode the majority of the way.

I was happy that we made the loop with no fighting or crying! I tend to believe that my kids do both more when they are bored.

And best part, the boys happily went down for a nap as soon as they were done with lunch.

Now mommy gets a nice quiet afternoon.

Best kids quote of the day:
"Mom look! A hop grasser!"
(thanks Cameron for always making us laugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment