Friday, May 24, 2013

Growing pains

We tease Audrey, lovingly of course, about how short she is. 

She has the nickname "shorty mc short shorts" in the house. She loves the t-shirt saying "I'm not short, I'm fun sized!"

But I think that might be changing. 

The last few mornings she's barely been able to walk in the morning. Aching upper thighs. I have been doing stretches with her, to try and loosen the muscles up.

I feel bad seeing her hobble out the door for school, but with only a few days left, it seems silly to keep her home when there is little I can do to help. 

Maybe she has some long legs coming and she'll have the last laugh. I never thought she'd be one to outgrow me. 

I pictured her more like her name sakes, Grandma "Audrey" (who I never got a chance to meet, but believe she was on the short side) and Grandma Irene "Elizabeth" (who I know was short, not sure if she was even 5ft tall)

Love her. Hope this passes soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment