Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lakehouse Getaway!!!

I am playing a little catch up on my blogging.

I'm sorry for being gone for so long . . . I've been a little busy and all my possessions are in storage or in boxes. I've been trying to normalize our life a little, especially for my children.

While we finished up our move and packed away the rest of our life (which, by the way, is exhausting!) we sent our children away with grandparents.

I thought it would be slightly traumatizing for the girls to see an empty house. The end was hard enough for them. As for the boys, they would have been underfoot too much to get it all done. We were grateful to Grandma B to drive them off with 2 days to go.
Before they pulled away, the neighborhood came over to say "good-bye". This is when Cameron started asking why everyone was crying, because the tears were flowing.  :(
 These two are going to miss each other  :(
 These girls have grown up together and plan to keep in touch by email. (I have to let Zoe used my computer tomorrow!)
This has been my children's family. These are the kids that they played with daily. In the last couple years their friendships have grown. These kids have the parents that I trusted my children with. I will miss that sense of security in my surroundings.

This is a neighborhood of friends that we are hoping to be lucky enough to find again.

Grandma B took them north and spoiled them. Grandpa B gave all the boys rides on his John Deere tractor. The girls cooked with Grandma and the boys enjoyed looking at the fish in the pond.

Then Grandpa and Grandma S picked them up and took them further north to the Lakehouse.

Cameron has been asking to go to the Lakehouse since March. It was just such a crazy spring that this was the first opportunity. KC and I were a little sad that they were going without us.

After the crazy marathon pack, I drove up to spend some time with them. Poor KC was stuck at work since he had to take off the time for the move.

I'm just going to share some pics of the fun :)















 Just have to say, Grandpa has a lot of help driving the boat now!


Castiel played in the sand, Emmitt tried drowning twice, Cameron caught his first and second bass, Audrey was jumping off the dock and raft, and Zoe built a sandcastle surrounded by a moat with a waterfall :)  All in all, great get-away.

Such a great get-away, we are going back this weekend with daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment