Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Little Experiment

One of my favorite movies is "Ever After" with Drew Barrymore as the Cinderella character.

I just love a good fairytale and I just adore Drew :)

A quote from the movie: "A lady ought never to raise her voice any louder than the gentle hum of a whisper in the wind"

The quote popped into my head today as I was yelling above the chaos of my children.

The last couple of days around here seem to be getting louder and louder. They seem to be competing to be heard, which really, how can I blame them for that? I can't.

So, I was thinking. What if I spent the day speaking only in a whisper? If they had to stay calm and listen, would it have a calming effect on our day?

I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.

I'll let you know if I'm heard at all tomorrow.

A day without yelling is making me happy already!!!



And I really love the movie. I'm sharing some more of the quotes . . . I'm thinking it's the English accents that makes the movie great :)
A bird may love a fish, Signore, but where would they live? 
Some people read because they cannot think for themselves.
I will simply deny you the crown and... live forever. 
I know that a life without love is no life at all. 
I would rather die a thousand deaths than see my mother's dress on that spoiled, selfish cow! 
Darling, nothing is final 'til you're dead, and even then, I'm sure God negotiates. 
It is a strong woman who can keep her wits about her, with you trying to steal her heart. 

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite movies as well. I have tried the whisper technique, and it's a good one. It's funny how even I notice how annoying it is when I shriek. I'm sure my son thinks so too.

    ReplyDelete