Sunday, November 11, 2012

Today They are Three!

It's amazing how fast time goes by.

I can remember nearly every minute of my pregnancy, birth and NICU with the twins. I remember instantly that I could tell them apart. I remember thinking how differently they were from the beginning.

I remember crying as we pulled up to our driveway, when they were finally allowed to come home with us.

I remember it all as if it were yesterday. But it wasn't yesterday, because today they are already little men :)

In a way it makes me sad, to not have a baby around. I think it makes me a little anxious, because I've never had a three year old and not been preparing for another baby or already had one in my arms.

But it's also comforting to know that this is my family. There are no surprises ahead, we are as we are. I would do nothing different, because I am right where I want to be. In the middle of a big family that I never thought I'd have, but someone else knew better and gave it to me :)

We had a great family day. Castiel awoke, climbed in bed next to me and fell back to sleep until Emmitt woke up a half hour later, running down the hall yelling "Mom, I'm fweeee!"

KC and I talked to them about their birthday as we were tucking them into bed the night before. They knew what was coming . . . the cake, the opening of presents and blowing out candles. They also understood that they shared their birthday, no questions about it, they knew that this was 'their' day.

They picked Mac & Cheese and hotdogs for dinner, luckily it's both of their favorite. They ripped through their presents at warp speed. They proudly smiled while we sang Happy Birthday to them (individually this year). And blew out their candles by themselves.

And they both said their thank yous, and really meant them this year :)

Happy Birthday my twin boys!
Love you more then you could imagine.
I can't believe you are already 3 . . . 




1 comment: