Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A New Beginning :)

The girls made it through their first half day of school  :)

Audrey had a few emotional "episodes".  In the past week she's had many upset stomachs, which is completely normal for her at the beginning of a school year. This year I was actually expecting much worse, but I think a little maturity has crept into my baby girl.

There were tears this morning, but they were short lived. And the hair that was bothering her, which could have quickly become a total meltdown, was fixed by a couple of Olivia's clips that matched her outfit perfectly  :)

They both love the curlers, which of course they both needed put in their hair for their first day.

A girl has to look her best, and this morning, they were both beautiful  :)



I did get a little attitude from my big 5th grader, but it didn't stop me, I just kept taking pictures and demanding a nicer smile! He He  :)


Even daddy had a little fun with the pictures.
 What a goofball!
 A kid at heart ... I should have sent him to school with them  :)

New faces along with the new year. These are a couple of the new neighbors that have be-friended the girls.
 I was really worried about this part. Here I thought that this would be the part someone had to peel Audrey off one of my legs ... but what is that?!? Audrey's competitive nature came out instead of fear, and she was the first on the bus  :)
 I've never had a bus pull away from me with my children on it before.  All I was hoping for was smiling faces when that same bus returned my children.

Yay!!! Girls came home happy. Audrey made a new friend "Catherine" and Zoe made a new friend "the tall blonde girl". LOL!

Here's to a new school, new friends and new experiences!

By in way, if you are wondering ... I didn't get them in the new neighborhood school, but it's okay, we'll figure that one out when we get our new home ... nothing new on the house either, just a holding pattern .... yes, it totally sucks but we can't do anything to make them hurry up  :(   All we can do is pray that someone stumbles across our papers at the banks and decides to take a look at them .......

1 comment:

  1. What lovely young ladies you have! Are you waiting on a short sale? They are taking forever right now what with layoffs on top of being inundated with them. It'll happen! Just keep holding on and don't let that house go!

    ReplyDelete