Monday, August 29, 2011

Visiting Our (hopefully) Future Home

I contacted our realtor this week requesting to go through the home we've been patiently waiting two months for.

This was brought on partly because I was vacuuming my sister's house with my sister's vacuum and I actually had the thought go through my head "I miss my vacuum."

Pathetic, right?!?

I figured that was a sign that I was losing a bit of hope.

Also, the girls have been a little extra emotional lately, and I was hoping to get them excited.

So yesterday, we went to meet our realtor at "our home". On the way there, he called and said he was running late.

We decided to visit the playground just down the street. It'll be nice having it so close.

So we got in 20 minutes late and walked into the home where a lady was sitting in her family room with her 3 year old daughter and big black ugly dog saying "You have 10 minutes."

What a bummer!

We felt like we had to whisper when we wanted to get the kids excited. We had to rush when we wanted the kids to soak it all in and realize what we were waiting for.

I wanted to visualize my life there, with my children there, with my stuff there.

Silly, probably ... but that's what my mind needed.

And I didn't get it.

I want to see it again. I don't want to be rushed.  I want to visualize paint colors. I want to visualize furniture placement. I want to open drawers to see how much space I'll have. I want the kids to be able to pick out their rooms.

But now I'll have to wait for the third party inspection.

It could be a week away . . . or months away, there is no way to know.

And I really, really want to know.

It was disappointing to see how much dirtier the house was this time.

I know that my mind was disappointed because I dreamt that I hired SteamMagic to clean the carpets before we moved in. That's all I remember of the dream, but I think a little "MerryMaids" would also be needed. (The maid will be me.)

It was nice to see neighbors out, pool party a couple of houses down, and a couple girls around Zoe's age. The house was still huge, with lots of storage, big rooms and walk-in closets everywhere. There was a pantry and a toy room and a first floor laundry and a breakfast bar. There was a master bath and a 3 season porch and a deck and huge ceilings in the basement. There was a 3 car garage and a fireplace and lots of cabinets in the kitchen.

Don't get me wrong, I am still very excited about this house.

But, you know when you want something to go a certain way and you've thought about how it's going to go . . . and it doesn't . . . it disappointing.

It is still the home I dream about living in . . . someday.

The highlights came from Cameron once again. I think it's the age, because he understands but not fully.

When we got to the house, the dog was barking inside and he said "We get a dog!" We got to the backyard and he said "Swingset!" (but it wasn't in our yard) And then he took a good look at the backyard and said "No Pool!  :(  "  (our old pool will definitely be missed)

The hard part about this whole thing, the house may never be ours. The bank could say no. Something could go wrong with the paperwork. We could be held in limbo longer than we are willing to wait.

I am still hoping. And hoping something will happen soon . . . . . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment