Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Audrey Catch-up

So . . . since we've last talked

Audrey turned 8.

We didn't get to have our big poolside party bash that was typical for her August birthday.

So I made it up to her with 3 homemade ice cream cakes  :)

Of course, there were still presents . . . 

Alice in Wonderland tote (she LOVES the movie!!!)

A book that she can design her own looks (because now she wants to be a fashion designer :)

And a small comment "I want curly hair like the neighbors" got her these curlers . . .

. . . and turns out, she LOVES the curls  :)

We also went to Great America, minus the twins.


Last year, Audrey was pretty timid about what she would ride on. 

This year, she rode the Wizzer! (as did Cameron) Audrey loved it. Didn't really question it until she was seatbelted into my lap. "Is it faster then the little rollercoasters?" "Yes" "A lot faster?" " . . . yes" "Does it go upsidedown?" "No" "Promise?" "Yes" "Okay . . ."

I talked her through it alittle. I let her know what to expect. And she giggled through the whole ride  :)

Cameron on the other hand, didn't cry or anything, but wasn't too happy that we took him on it.

We kind of did the same thing to him on the Log Run.

Last year, Audrey pleaded with KC to let her off as they reached the top, which KC replied, "This is the only way off" as they plummeted down the slide and got drenched in the big splash.

She again LOVE it, but Cam "I don't like the fast part where the water splashed in my face".

But again, he had no tears . . . he needs to learn to question and not trust his parents so willingly . . . he he!!!

I did completely destroy my camera during the day, but it wasn't dropped . . . it was submerged in Root Beer. Don't ask. I will be upgrading soon.

The most exciting moment of the day was when Audrey backed up to the height requirements for the swings and was tall enough. She's been waiting to ride the swings for a couple of heartbreaking years now  :)

And these are just a few of the pictures that show what a sweetheart Audrey is to Cameron.





She can complain about him all she wants . . . but that is love  :)

I just wanted to end this by sharing Audrey's first day of school facts. I always love looking at these.

First off, the poor kid has no idea what her address is, or phone number. I should teach her it, even if it is temporary.

My Favorite Things:
Book: Dr. Suess
Food: Taco, nodles, pears
TV Show: Ant Farm
Game: Sorry
Color: Blue
Animal: Hippo
My Collections: Rocks
What I like to do inside: games
What I like to do outside: play with friends
How I am different from other people: I have a big family
What I want to do when I grow up: teacher
The most special thing about me: I can do silly things

Words That Best Describe Me: great, funny, fantastic, fun, creative, cool, nice, pretty, silly, awesome

Things I Hope to Learn This Year: sience and math

Things I'm Most Proud of: I have 3 brothers and 1 sister. I have a big family.

I love that she knows she's pretty and silly and nice and awesome. It's great to see that she thinks highly of herself  :)  I love that everyone probably put dogs, cats and birds as their favorite animals, and she loves her hippos :) And what a relief that she is proud of her big family, which is extra big these days!

This kid makes me smile. I LOVE YOU AUDREY  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment