Sunday, October 9, 2011

Little Farmer with the Kids :)


I decided to return to my hometown of FDL for 24 hours with the kids.

I packed everyone into one suitcase with plans to go to the Little Farmer.

The last time I went to there was when Zoe was little, nearly 10 tens ago. I was long past due for a visit.

It's the best place in the area to go for pumpkins and carmel apples! I went there growing up, as did my husband. (I actually always got pumpkins from my uncle's and aunt's farm though)

I made last minute plans with the Grandparents, sadly Grandpa S was MIA up at the Lakehouse. You were missed Grandpa! The first thing the twins said to Grandma was, "Grandpa???"
I think the entire town was visiting on the same day. It was BUSY!

What a beautiful day it was, actually quite hot. I was glad that none of the kids got sunburnt.

The day was fun-filled with adventure for the kids. So much to do!

The boys weren't sure about feeding the goats, but they caught on fast.


And we played and explored. Castiel was so brave and tried everything. He had to climb everything, walk through everything and balance across everything.

The kids patiently waited and played while we waited a half hour for a hayride. But the closer we got, the harder it was for the twins to not walk toward the tractor. They waved at all the lucky people who rode away before us.



Emmitt doesn't do well in the heat and I messed up his naptime. He did get a second wind, but before that kicked in, we dealt with a little of this.

And we tried to pose for cute pics. (When you can't pick out a photo that they all cooperate in, might as well pick one that none of them do  :)  except Cam posing in the middle)

My favorite picture of the day  :)


We also enjoyed carmel apples, but my fingers were too sticky to take pictures  :)

And I did get in a little trouble for not bringing any home for KC . . . oops  :)

Great day, great family, great place . . . I won't wait as long to visit again!



1 comment:

  1. I love the little farmer. We usually go every year with my dad. The caramel apples are so good.

    ReplyDelete