Monday, October 3, 2011

Blankey Baby!!!

I don't think that I had any kind of security blanket as a child, but I know that my husband did until it was falling apart at the seams.

Zoe had a stuffed dog that she named "Rags". She was never completely attached to him. If he went missing for a while, it didn't bother her. She just liked having him around.

Audrey and Cameron were never attached to anything.

Then there is Emmitt. He has claimed a blue and brown polka dotted blanket. The funny thing is, as babies I always wrapped Castiel up in it.

He started grabbing it from the laundry pile months ago and I let him have it. Then he started asking for it when I layed him in bed and I gave it to him. Now he has a grip on it when I take him out of bed and I let him carry it around.

Now he doesn't like other people using it, otherwise he will fight them for it.

This is what happened this weekend when I decided to wash it.








You can almost hear the pleading in the pictures :)

We went down by the lake and fed the fish for a bit and he forgot all about it.

As soon as we got back, he stood infront of the dryer and asked for it.

Then he preceded to drag his freshly clean, still warm blanket around the kitchen floor  :)

 
Whatever puts a big smile across that face, makes me happy  :)

Funny thing, Castiel wants to do everything his brother does. So sometimes, he chooses to have a blankey too  :)  As long as he doesn't choose his brothers, he'll be okay . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment