Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mess and Paint

I have been trying to be creative. Because being creative is what I enjoy.

But there is always so much work to do that I don't feel completely comfortable taking the time to be creative.

I've made progress with my mess, but there always seems to be another box to go through and another pile of papers to sort. I really mean it when I say I'm going through everything this year.

I am just wondering when it's going to start looking like I'm making progress.

I wanted to do a Garage Sale already, but the neighborhood we moved into only allows them when it's a neighborhood wide sale, otherwise I have to apply for a permit . . . wasn't happy about that one.

So, my garage is filling up, waiting.

I have this strange system that seems to be working. I accomplish a little of my mess and then fit in some time to be creative.

Do first, play after.

Right now it's been . . . box, paint, box, paint, box, paint.

My hope that someday in the near future it'll just be paint, paint, paint, paint, paint : )

I thought I'd share what I'll been playing around with.

I love Pinterest and all the wonderful quotes and sayings . . . and I'm a "I can do that" kind of person.

This one is still in the works.


And this one I've only done the background color . . . peacock inspired for the girls room.


I really enjoy making them. I've made a few others for family too : )


And I have a couple more in the planning stages.

With five kids . . . this is the closest I can get to Graphic Design right now.

Now, back to my mess  ; )

6 comments:

  1. What are you doing them with? Are you painting all the words by hand or what? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all hand painted. The 3 are for my family room, girl's room and possibly POP in KC's bike shop. I was thinking if I got enough of them designed that someday I could possibly do shows in homes and take orders, after I expand my portfolio of work and have enough options?!? We'll see. I might eventually sell them I etsy too.

      Delete
  2. WOW...that is alot of work to paint all of those words. If you do sell them, make sure you charge alot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo I love these! Are you going to put some in your Etsy shop? You should!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to, but I think I have to get the kids through the school year first. Concerts, preschool graduations, all the fun end of the year things . . . all the running around for mommy. I'll have to see what summer brings. It'll happen, just don't know when :)

      Delete