Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Boy at the Lakehouse . . . Finally!

Cameron talks about the Lake House all the time.

When can I go? How much longer? I wish I was there.

Grandpa promised a boy's week as soon as school was out. A couple days after his graduation I said good-bye to him
But his first stop wasn't the Lake House.

He hopped rides on his way to Fond du Lac.

First he caught a ride to Milwaukee with my sister and family. They went to the Children's Museum where he got to lay on a bed of nails and touch a sting ray. He spent the day happily with his cousins.

Then he hitched a ride with my brother-in-laws parents and brother's family the rest of the way to Fond du Lac. Since he spent the day with them, he had no problem jumping into their car . . . from what I hear, he slept most of the way.

He was dropped off at my parents house where he got to ride (actually drive) Grandpa's tractor, go to Culver's with Grandma, and take a bath in their huge garden tub.

Grandpa S had to work on Monday, but as soon as he got out of work he picked Cameron up.

Of course, there was no leaving town before stopping in to see Grandma S. I was actually worried for her that they would be so excited to get to the Lakehouse, they wouldn't have waited around to see her. They finished packing up and said good-bye and off they went.

We all were talking about the fact that there was no way to tell who was more excited . . . Cameron or Grandpa :)

I received a phone call that night that they made it safely and that it was dark out, so they were going to start the fun first thing in the morning.

Then, just after 6am the next morning, we were receiving texts that they were out on the dock, watching the sunrise! The fun had begun :)

Grandpa told him to make a list of all the things he wanted to do that week, so a couple days before the trip I wrote as Cameron listed.
He definitely knew what he wanted and it consisted mainly of Macaroni and Cheese, fishing and no naps : )

Then on the back of the paper he wanted to write a letter to Grandpa himself) which Audrey helped him spell.
It says "Can we read together", but she wrote it all in lower case letters, which he always converts to uppercase letters and mixed up the "d" to a "b".

Looks like he had so much fun!!!
Here are some of my favorites : )

Grandpa said that he was "reading" his Bass magazines and showing him the big lures that they need to be using to catch the BIG fish. Cameron used a big lure and snag it in the weeds and broke his line. But give the boy a few years and he'll have it all figured out. He keeps telling me about his 14 inch Bass!!!
And from the looks of it, Grandpa got him to put his own worm on the hook!

So, from what I hear, there wasn't a lot of napping going on . . . but he was definitely worn out by the end of every night.
I want to thank Grandpa SO MUCH for sharing these photos with me. I can tell by the smile on his face that he had the best of times, I only wish there was a picture of the two of you together.

So I'll have to add some oldies but goodies : )



Cameron has grown up making regular visits to the Lakehouse since only weeks after he was born. The older he gets, the more often he wants to make the trip.

I was a little worried that I was going to lose him to the Lakehouse, but he returned home and as I was tucking him into bed for the night I said, "I'm happy that you are home" and he replied, "It's good to be home mom."

Thank you Grandpa!!!
(I'm sure he talked your ear off all week, I hope it isn't too quiet without him)

No comments:

Post a Comment