Thursday, January 31, 2013

Alone (Temporarily)

KC is ice fishing.

Boys were at home with my mom.

Girls were performing in their band concerts.

Zoe on flute.


Audrey on clarinet.

And I was sitting alone in the bleachers.

Not having to ..... tell anyone to sit still, please stop trying to sing along, having boys standing on my lap to get a visual of their sisters, apologizing to the parents around me trying to record their children, praying for this to be the last song before I lose it, digging in my purse for candy to persuade good behavior, apologizing to the people in front of us because they are getting kicked in the back, trying to explain that 'Bravo' doesn't need to be yelled after every song.

I just got to sit and enjoy.

That doesn't happen very often anymore :)

I enjoyed my two hours tonight. The girls sounded great. And I sat back and just watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment