Monday, January 14, 2013

It Always Feels Good To Get Started

Day 1 of my RunKeeper program. It's a free app if you are interested in checking it out.

I've started with preparing myself for a 5K. It's a 28 step program that started with an easy 1.5 mile run/walk workout. It tracks your distance, pace, calories burned, elevation and time. Probably not completely accurate, but good enough for someone who doesn't want to spend extra money on a fancy system.

Even though it's 20 degrees outside, I did it :) I suited up and walk/ran around our big block 4 times for a distance of 1.6 miles.

This program will take me to March 8th and then I'll step it up to prepare for the 5 mile Walleye Run.

I love making plans . . . but it always feels great to get something started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment