Sunday, March 25, 2012

Grandma's Fine Art Show : ) She Won a Red Ribbon! Congrats Sassy Glass : )

Spring Break - DAY 2

Today we went to the Hilton Garden Inn in Oshkosh, Wisconsin for the "Art in the Garden" Fine Art Show & Sale. It is put on by Altrusa International Club of Oshkosh, who contribute to many community services with both volunteer work and financial assistance.

We don't get to go to many of Grandma's shows. We stop by the occasional Farmer's Market in downtown Fond du Lac, but not as often as we would like to.

I decided to drop the boys off at KC's parents house. I thought about taking them, but wanted a nice day with just my girls. It was relaxing not to have to say "hold my hand, slow down, no running, don't touch, stay with me, walk, stand up" . . . actually, I did say "don't touch" to the girls a couple of times : )

I know the boys had more fun with Grandpa and Grandma then they would have at the Art Show.

First we checked out Grandma's table, Sassy Glass. We get to see her things all the time, but it is so nice seeing it all displayed and spread across a table. We stood there and pointed out all our new favorites.

This is a 'People's Choice' show. Everyone who walks through gets a ballot to vote. The girls love that they get to vote for their favorites, as do I. It makes the show feel interactive and not just a shopping venue, more of a gallery feel.

There is a second ballot to vote for high school students artwork. It's interesting to see what kids are creating. There were some very creative kids in the show this year.

These were Mom's three entries.

This is the one that won her the second place ribbon : ) I voted for it, as did Audrey. The necklace is beaded and crocheted wire, wire wrapped fused glass pendant. So pretty! It sold before the show was over : )





This one was Zoe's favorite. They really are so much prettier in-person, I tried to get the best photos I could.


After the job of voting was done, we checked out all the booths. I agreed to give both the girls $10.00 to spend, and they were responsible for anything over.

Zoe found a aluminum ringlet bracelet that she loved, it cost just over $23.00.

Audrey found a blue flower pin with a peacock feather that she could attach to one of her headbands for $11.50.

Price ranges, from $5.00 to $3200.00, including jewelry, pottery, paintings, hand-dyed scarves, photography, Batik prints, copper sculptures, painted glass and more.

This is just a little of my mother's set up. She's been taking classes and learning new techniques, so her pieces are always evolving. So if you haven't seen her pieces for a couple of years, she's really been growing and changing.




So happy for my mother and a great show. If you are interest in checking out her website, here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mysassyglass

I was also very happy that my sister snapped a picture of me with my girls. It isn't often that I end up in photographs, because I'm the one always taking the picture.

A great day when my two sweethearts  <3


Now . . . . what to do tomorrow?   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment