Monday, March 26, 2012

Something a Little Different

Spring Break - DAY 3

I wish I could say that we went to New York : )

The Brookfield Zoo is always fun : )

Cameron has been wanting to "go on a bear hunt" . . . not sure this counts  : )

A stage coach ride would really make the boys happy, but no horses to pull it.

I've wanted to take another trip up to the "New Zoo" . . . I hear that I new giraffe exhibit is amazing!

I'd love to go back to Punta Cana and feed the flamingos again . . . so would the kids : )

And now that the boys have most of their farm animal sounds down, maybe it's time for a trip to a barn yard : )

Daddy is in need for a new car . . . we found a cute used one : )

Maybe a little dog shopping, but Emmitt was a little afraid of this one : )

We even thought we caught a glimpse of Grandpa : )

Afternoon at an amusement park is always fun, but expensive with 5 kids . . . they really wanted me to buy this for them, I thought about looking into it  : ) 

That morning, I told the kids that I was taking them to a junkyard for day 3 of their Spring Break. You can imagine the girls reactions, LOL.

Not really a junkyard, but it is a place things die if their are no buyers for them. If you didn't guess where are field trip was for the day. Schettl's!

I know, it's a silly place to take the kids, but I enjoy wandering around their yard of over sized items. I've been there a few times before with my father. It's where he has bought cabinets.

It's free, entertaining, and all the kids enjoyed it.

Emmitt even got to hug a monkey who was dress up like Napoleon : )  Kids don't get to do that every day!

Audrey found a treasure chest that she loved! Reminded her of "House of Anubis", her favorite tv show and she loves treasure boxes! The $500.00 price tag scared her away.

And then I snapped this shot. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I had too. I'm not sure what this conversion is all about?!? Poor Castiel looks a little worried . . . 

It was a little colder today then I thought it was going to be, so we didn't stay as long as I had planned. We were thinking of visiting both of there locations, but we'll save that for another day.

And yes, as silly as it is, the kids are excited about checking out the other one someday.

It doesn't have to be expensive to make kids happy, it doesn't have to cost a thing.

It just has to put smiles on their faces.

I saw lots of smiles today  : )

2 comments:

  1. How much was that merry go round?! I would have totally bought it!!!

    Seriously! How do I go about purchasing it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never bought any of that type of stuff there. I would guess that it'd be between $300 and $600, judging from the cost of other things, but the merry go round wasn't marked. Not sure they deliver. It'd be about a 7 hours round trip for you? They have a website with a phone number, I'm sure you could call and ask what the options are for delivery.

    ReplyDelete