Saturday, March 24, 2012

Something to Keep the Kids Entertained for the Summer

Spring Break - Day 1

So, I wasn't sure how today was going to work out.

But in the end, all that mattered was a bunch of smiling faces : )  I think that Grandpa was smiling just as big as the boys.
There is a back story to this day.

There's always a back story when it involves my family.

My father is one of those people that thinks all things are possible. He is a firm believer that things will work out if there is a good plan. He had a plan.

But when I got a phone call from my husband (who had to be at work at 9am and was in charge of loading the set onto the trailer with my dad starting at about 7am) telling me to call backup, I was thinking I was in for a long day.

Dad showed up with the trailer. A forklift loaded it right onto the trailer at the store . . . now, how to get it to the backyard?
It was hanging out both sides of the trailer. 

Thankfully my backup was close behind. (A HUGE thanks to Katie, Tony and Vince for saving the day . . . and Dad's back!!!)
I'd like to point out how the guys are all standing around staring at the thing, while my sister grabbed the power tool . . . GO KATIE!

I kid.

This is the guys moments later.
And this is where Katie and I were laughing about me with my camera. More important to get good pictures for my blog, then to help : )  And then I realized that I really wasn't sure where I wanted it. Yeah, the guys loved that . . . 
They had it all under control. Hee. Hee.

They positioned it and tipped it up right off the trailer.

That's when a sense of relief came over me and I realized that I should have never doubted my father. His plan worked out perfectly.

The kids all started getting excited.
The crowd grew as the pieces all started coming together.

The first person in the fort . . . Katie, of course!
The excitement was building and the kids were all over it while it was still being put together.
Audrey soon found out what she'll be doing the rest of the summer.
And before Grandpa took off with his trailer, I tried to get a cousin shot.
None of the others turned out and this one is really blown up too much . . . so we'll have to try again next time we get together.
Thank you Dad/Grandpa! This will definitely wear them out. Now's hoping the rain stops and the sunshine returns, otherwise I will have soggy boys, because there is no way a little rain is going to keep them inside now.

THANK YOU.  THANK YOU.  THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fun new toy! My son is jealous for sure.

    ReplyDelete