Friday, March 9, 2012

Still Having Fun on Pinterest!


I love just sitting and pinning and pinning and pinning.

It really is addictive.

With a little motivation; beautiful, helpful and delicious things can be created!

Dinner tonight was inspired by a pin. Instead of making guacamole, I added freshly cut avocado slices. I loved it! KC and Audrey said they still prefer BLT's but it definitely ranked higher than a grilled cheese sandwich.

Find the recipe here . . . thanks to Closet Cooking. YUMMY!!! It's basically a grilled cheese that I added tomatoes, bacon, pepper jack cheese, Colby cheese and avocado to.

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

The girls and I went to a ceramics place to paint some pottery. We went out in the last big snowstorm, and I wasn't sure that we should attempt the 2 mile journey.

There is little that will keep me from a quiet night out, so we went and had a great time.

I don't know what it is, but the girls are so quiet there. I think it's the combination of not wanting to talk loudly in front of strangers and the concentration it takes to paint their special piece.

We chatted away, quietly, and painted for 3 hours.

It was so relaxing.

Of course we came home to craziness, KC and Cam playing the Wii while the twins were running in circles.

They always seem so much louder after some quiet time away. Truthfully, I was hoping for them to be tucked into bed.

We just got our pieces back.

Audrey's treasure box



Zoe's bank.

A little of Pinterest seeped into this project too :) I just love all the quotes and sayings, so I wrote about 12 of them on the mug . . . all about love  <3



I also planted a pineapple top. Why? Because I saw it on Pinterest and had a pineapple, of course  :)

And why not? If it works, and actually roots, it'll be a cool thing to show the kids. It will not be a pineapple tree, it will not produce pineapples . . . but it can make a new houseplant.

I was cutting up some celery for the kids and remembered that my sister-in-law just posted that she planted the bottom of her celery, so I did that too :) Thanks Tracy! It's already growing on day one, kinda crazy. I'll let you know how long I can keep it alive.



See the little spikes on top of the celery . . . that's the new growth, not there yesterday when I planted it.

Here is the link on Pinterest that will take you to all sorts of things that you can plant . . . Tipnut

. . . . I have plans for the avocado seed from tonight's dinner too  :)


And this is my favorite from my week of projects!


Now all I have to do is go downstairs and find a frame for it . . . I'll probably make a mat for it too.

I changed mine a little from the one on Pinterest, to fit what I wanted. Here's a link to my inspiration . . . The Memory Gallery . . . thank you.

I also have a kid's chore chart in progress. I'll share that with you soon. I am very excited about it. I used a number of ideas on Pinterest to help me with this one and combining what works for my family.

The kids have chores, I just think that a more organized system would work out better for all of us.

That's all for now . . . HAPPY PINNING EVERYONE  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment