Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Donuts for Breakfast!

Zoe was in her cooking groove again.

I'm a little jealous for her love of cooking, baking and now frying.

She started the weekend baking about 10 dozen cookies. Just because she felt like it.

Then she ended the weekend doing something that she's wanted to try since Christmas.

Fry donuts!!!

Part of her Christmas presents this year included: a donut cutter, a donut cookbook and a deep fryer.

I try to encourage the kids passions to the best of my ability. All things food is clearly a passion of hers.

She made everything from scratch. (Which is something I never do . . . box of mix, add oil and egg baker). This girl had a shopping list for me and I bought it all because she asked nicely, and I was excited to taste homemade donuts.

Zoe at work  : )




I have to admit that it made me a lot nervous with her at the deep fryer. The whole boiling oil thing . . . 

So I let her do the first batch, then I became her fry cook.

She was just as happy making all that dough into donut shapes and taking the hot donuts from me and dipping them into her homemade, made from scratch, glaze . . . . yum!


We only tried the first one, to make sure it was cooked all the way through. Zoe, I and Audrey nibbled on one donut hole . . . the rest got sealed in a container to share at breakfast tomorrow morning with daddy.


The girl was a big old mess. Forgot to wear her apron. But she cleaned up after herself pretty well, with a lot of help from mommy  : ) I couldn't believe the amount of flour that covered the kitchen!

As we were picking up there was a commercial for one of the cupcake shows on TLC, the ladies said, "Now we bake 10,000 cupcakes a day." I said, "What a nightmare" at the same time Zoe said, "That's my dream".

Keep on dreaming Zoe, I can't wait until morning  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment