Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Too Busy to Blog

I know that I've been slacking on my blogs.

Just been too busy . . . here's a little recap.

I spent 10 hours on one of KC's days off going through the mountain of boxes in our bedroom. It's still a mess. I am trying to figure out what stays and what goes. It's obvious that we have too much, and it's slow going. But I am trying to make some progress daily.

I did manage to reduce my shoes from 48 pairs to 26  : ) I was afraid of reducing by too much and then feel the need to go shopping . . . 

KC was a huge help and watched the boys for me the entire day. At dinnertime I introduced him to Pinterest. He made dinner from one of the recipes  :)  He wasn't as interested in appearing in my blog because of it. I did ask him to smile : )

We agreed that it didn't really feel like a meal to us . . . good, but more of an appetizer recipe. I suggest jalapenos added!

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

Since joining Pinterest, I have felt like I should be buying Ball glass jars. There are so many pins using them. I had stopped myself a couple of times and promised myself that I won't buy them unless I found a project that I was going to use them for.

So I found 3  :)


I have the worst dry skin in the winter. It only improves slightly over the summer. I had all the ingredients expect Vitamin E lotion.

I love it! Noticeable difference already.


I am always paranoid that my house smells like stinky diapers. I am a sucker for the Glade Air Fresheners that can be hidden in every corner.

I thought, why not try and make them.

I already have a bunch of essential oils (from my days when I was going to make soap . . . fail), so all I needed was Gelatin.

Not very impressed by this one. It can only be smelt when shoved under your nose. I may try it one more time and add more oil, I haven't decide yet.


I have waxed to go on extended vacations in the past. So this didn't scare me. The hair on my legs grows back so fast, I'm a every day shaver . . . it sucks.

The recipe is so easy to follow and so cheap! I actually had everything needed in my house already.

I have taken care of my lower legs and haven't had to shave them all week! I'm in love with this one.

True, ankles and the back of the leg . . . OUCH! But I think this one might be worth it.

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

And here are a couple more Pinterest projects . . .

Won't do this one again either. It took A LOT longer to bake then the recipe said, and frankly . . . I like regular old French Toast better.

Zoe loved making it, but we'll find something else better.


The Peace sign cake pan is a birthday present. She's excited to make use of it  : )


We love potato soup, so I spent an afternoon making this and then threw it in the slow cooker to simmer for a while. We definitely liked it, but I'll add more to it next time. My mother passed on a different recipe for potato soup, I might give that one a try next, because her and my dad raved over it.

And last, but not least . . . PINTEREST #12: Lip Balm

Just have to say, it's impossible (tried it twice) to completely dissolve the Hawaiian Punch in a sprinkle of water . . . and then you add more water to get it dissolved and it doesn't mix in completely with the Vaseline . . . I may be doing this one wrong, if anyone has some pointers.

We tweaked it and made it work. It is a great balm. Made one for each of us, girls : )

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

Add in Cameron's speech classes (which is going great and he is loving)

Cameron's regular preschool started up again today 

Zoe has officially been moved up to 5th grade band  : )

Zoe also started taking a field hockey clinic. (It's the first time she's showed any interest in trying out a sport and KC & I both quickly said "yes!")

Audrey spent 4 out of 5 days of the school week home with a low grade fever. One of the days was beautiful, over 50 degrees! So we had to spend some of it outside for some much needed fresh air.

Zoe's birthday sleepover  : )

A cousin sleepover  : )


And a surprise visit from all 4 grandparents  : )  Didn't get any pics...

A family birthday party  : )

A 3rd grade Music concert  : )  Audrey!


And the biggest change . . . 


To this . . .

And instantly we could see the pride Castiel had for his new bed  : )


Just as easily as we could see Emmitt telling us that we could no longer keep him in.


Night one and two went perfectly . . . too perfectly.

Then night 3, we returned Emmitt to his bed 5 times. And the next morning, when he came into our room with a cookbook in his hand from the kitchen . . .

A baby gate was installed right outside their bedroom door.

For his own good. And our peace of mind  : )

boozebagbettygoestorehab.blogspot.com.jpg
Never a dull moment with a family of 7 and
I wouldn't change it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment