Friday, February 10, 2012

Boys Playing in the Snow

Huge fluffy snowflakes fell most of the day. It looked like we were in a snow globe. It was a beautiful day . . . cold, but that's what winter is supposed to be.

Castiel didn't like the big flakes falling in his face, but KC got Emmitt to face the sky and open his mouth : )

Emmitt is a snow eater. I think he thinks it falls from the sky for him to gobble up. It may be gross, but freshly fallen snow, what's the real harm. I know he's eaten worse things off the ground . . .

Cameron did the same thing. At that same age, he would go out into a snowbank and sit down to just eat snow.

KC and Cameron spent the afternoon playing Disney Universe on the Wii. The twins woke up just as they decided to go out to shovel the snow.

Emmitt wasn't letting them go outside without him.

This was his first time in snow pants and boots, and he didn't mind a bit if it meant going outside.

Castiel wasn't interested and stayed by me, until he saw them walking across the back yard. He freaked and tried opening the patio door.

So I suited him up. I realized just recently that I only had one pair of boots that would fit them. So Castiel, being the second out, got plastic bags on his feet and a pair of shoes. It kept his feet dry  : )

They played until they were all red in the face.

When we forced them in, especially Emmitt, I had hot chocolate waiting . . . actually more of a warm chocolate  :)  The twins first hot chocolate, and they loved it!

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

My project planned for the day was Zoe's side of the closet. There is just too much in there, and I know that she doesn't wear it all.

We easily went through her hanging clothes, so we moved onto the dresser. That went smoothly so we went through the drawer under her bed, treasure boxes, jewelry and headbands.

We were finished and it was only dinnertime. I couldn't believe how fast we were able to go through everything.

So after dinner, I looked at Audrey and she immediately threw a fit.

I asked her if she could just go through her hanging clothes with me and she unhappily started picking out her favorites.

And then she shockingly was helping me with more then I had planned.

By bedtime, their room was done.


I wish I would have taken a picture of this side of the room, because it was worse than the closet.

Yay! One room done, a couple of happy girls and a VERY happy mommy  : )

I removed 5 trash bags of clothes and shoes, so now they have room to move and places to put everything away.

I didn't plan on getting so much done today, but when kids are being cooperative, you just have to take advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment