Friday, February 18, 2011

Clean Cut Boys

Looking a little long. I had a couple people comment on how long Castiel's hair was getting from their video. So I knew it was time.

I don't think that I've ever cut Cam's hair before? I'm not sure. He has been getting haircuts since 5 months old, he's always had tons of hair. Yesterday KC and I were laughing at how his hair was bouncing. It was getting so long it wouldn't lay flat on the top his head and seemed to have a mind of it's own.

I've always taken him to Sport Clips, but lately we've been conserving money, like everyone these days. So why not? Cutting the boys hair myself easily saves me $30. Well, I don't know about the easy part, but money is saved.

I used the #9 razor attachment this time instead of scissors. I cut the twins hair last time with scissors and it took forever! I was nervous that I would accidentally buzz cut their heads, so #9 was largest and I figured that I could go shorter next time if I wanted.

I know that if someone that cuts hair for a living was watching me, they would have a heart attack from my lack of technique. But it got the job done and I consider it a learning process. And besides, they were all moving targets! I know it's not perfect, if I wanted perfect I'd pay the $30 :)

My big mistake with Cameron, my guinea pig with the razor, was not wetting his hair enough. I was smart enough to take his shirt off, but he didn't want a towel around his shoulders. So with one pass of the razor through his thick hair, I looked at his back and it resembled an ape. I was planning on giving him a bath after, but note to self . . . WET HAIR.

Emmitt was the easiest. He sat relatively still and he has the least hair. He seemed to enjoy the feeling and sound of the razor. But I looked over at Castiel and saw him cringing in his highchair and whining, he knew he was next. He jumped at the sound and his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head. He definitely fought me the entire time but we both survived it. He may still be long around the ears, but I prefer that to missing an ear, yes, he was moving that much.

I plan on getting better at it, practice makes perfect, I always tell my kids. And in this house I have many heads to practice on . . . for many many years :)
And I know that Cas' hair looks a little goofy in this pic, but it was still wet . . . that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

  1. I like Jack's hair longer and Don is begging me to go and get it cut. You did a great job though, I can barely trim Maddy's bangs when they need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Castiel! I can just imagine those big blues looking for a way out. Oh my goodness, though, does Cameron look like a little Mike...without the staple bowl cut he had forever! Good work, Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete