Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Meal Before the Month is Over!


February seriously got away from me. I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted this month. It all just seemed to slip away. But I was determined to make my meals, because I promised my girls. And they have definitely kept me cooking. Maybe I should put them in charge of the workout program that I haven't started yet. Maybe they could get my butt moving :)


Tonight's meal was very good. There was nothing wrong with this meal, everyone ate it. Everyone enjoyed it. I just think that chicken is no big deal in this house. My family is used to years of chicken meals, because that's all I ever really made.

So this is a great recipe. I just didn't great the rave reviews that I was hoping for. But I did get empty plates, so I still consider it a success. This is a great way to spice up chicken night, and I will cook it again. Next time I think I will wait for a nice summer day and grill it :)


Alice Chicken


Ingredients

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 5 fluid ounces Worcestershire sauce
  • 8 slices bacon
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 (8 ounce) package Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
  • 1 (16 ounce) container honey mustard salad dressing

Directions

  1. Place chicken in a glass dish or bowl; poke with a fork several times, then pour Worcestershire sauce in and turn to coat. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
  2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
  3. Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, and saute for about 10 minutes, or until soft; set aside.
  4. Preheat oven to Broil.
  5. Remove chicken from marinade (discard any remaining liquid), and broil for about 5 minutes each side. When chicken is almost finished, top each breast with 2 slices bacon, then cheese. Continue to broil until cheese has melted, then remove from oven. Serve with mushrooms and salad dressing for topping.

Easy meal to make . . . I just forgot how much I hate cleaning up after the broiler pan. I think the meal took me as long to make as it did for me to clean up. I also used half of the pans and bowls in my kitchen.

I should have put KC on clean up duty. But in a way he was. He was in charge of the boys a bath. He gave the boys Honey Mustard on their chicken and Castiel decided to use it for hair gel :) And then he gave them an M&M ice cream bar to share. So it was definitely his responsibility to clean them up tonight. And Cameron jumped in too :)

1 comment:

  1. Too funny, I've been missing the grill and reverting to the broiler too! FOIL baby! Foil...

    This actually looks delicious. I'm going to try this one... AND if your girls happen to be successful in getting you to do the P90X, let me know. I need some inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete