Thursday, February 17, 2011

Zoe, my gifted child :)

Needed to run errands tonight and Zoe needed to get a gift for her friend, so off we went.

We didn't leave until after 7:00pm, so I was thinking fast. Zoe on the other hand thought it was a Sunday afternoon and we were window shopping. Ugh! I kept having to drag her along "Come On Zoe"!!!

I enjoy going out with her. She is one who thinks that every moment has to be filled with words, not with everyone, I've seen her quiet, but not with mommy. With mommy it's always a mile a minute. Which if I am in the mood, it's rather entertaining, because seriously, one never knows what she's going to come up with.

So I want to share a couple of the highlights of our trip.

We were walking around WalMart, I know not a store favorite, but it's easy when I'm looking for a one shop stop. We walked by the shoes and Zoe says "Mom, I need new gym shoes." I asked if hers were getting small. "No, there are holes in the bottom of mine and water is getting in". What?!? The girl drags her feet, I constantly have to tell her to pick up her feet, but then it's like she gets confused and picks them up too far and then I'm wishing I didn't say anything in the first place because she's one who trips over her own feet a few times daily and when she over thinks it, let's just say BAD. She got a new pair for $10, dry feet starting tomorrow.

We were driving along and she looks over at the dashboard and asked "How many miles on the car?" I told her down to the exact mile, otherwise I knew that she would correct me. Then she was shocked when the number went up one. She didn't realize that the odometer counted the miles driven, she thought it was some kind of countdown to the vehicles death :) Her response "Wow, that makes Car Talk make much more sense, people having problems with cars at 2000 miles, I didn't get why people cared so much about their old cars". We giggled about that until I turned up the radio.

Almost home and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" came on. We got the Beatles version of Rock Band for Christmas, because we loved the idea of the kids learning the music. And Zoe is usually on the mic, so I sat there in the car listening to her sing almost every word. I enjoyed listening to all those crazy lyrics come out of her mouth. It was like getting my Christmas present listening to her :)

I LOVE HER. I'm hoping that somehow we skip those awkward mother/daughter years, because I just want to enjoy her always.

1 comment:

  1. She's a great kid. One of my favorites for sure! Great kids come from great mothers... you are definitely doing something right!

    ReplyDelete