Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Well, it definitely didn't blow over!

Wow, we have snow drifts 3/4's the way up garage doors, 4ft trees have disappeared and I am almost certain that we no longer have garbage cans. I spent the night praying that the power wouldn't go out and listening to things hit the side of the house. We even experienced some freak lightening and thunder in the middle of it. We were packed and ready to go in case the power get go out, the County kept calling with warming shelter information that was making me a little nervous. But the power stayed on, and we all slept warmly in our beds. In fact, the twins slept until 9:00am :)

K.C. is going to start trying to make his way home. It was way to windy last night for him to even try. We will probably sit tight until he gets here and rescues us. I only see one brave family out shoveling their driveway, they must have somewhere to go. There are three of them, two are taking the top layers of snow off and the third is on snowblower. Guess that means it might be too much for the blower? That's not a good sign.

School was cancelled yesterday. So what to do today? The kids keep looking out the windows excited by the snow. I'm not sure how cold it is out there yet, but I know that they'll want to venture out at some point just for the experience, so do I. And I'll be taking lots of pics and keeping an eye on Cameron so he doesn't disappear!

They've requested hot chocolate with breakfast, which today sounds perfect. And I thought that I'd share our plans for this afternoon, so others can give it a try.

Zoe's teacher sent this recipe home yesterday with her kids. I love teachers. Thanks for thinking ahead for me, now my kids have something new to look forward to today.

SNOW ICE CREAM


Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
6 cups "clean" fluffy snow
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla


Directions: Mix all the ingredients together. Eat right away and enjoy! Compare it to real vanilla ice cream.


Serves: 6

We also have plans to make Rice Krispie treats!!!


So everyone safe and warm. Drive slow if you have to go anywhere. And have fun with your snow day!

2 comments:

  1. Your kids might like this too. I filled up some of Leo's old bottles with food coloring and Nathalie and Eric are out "spray painting" the snow right now. Actually food coloring and a packet of Kool-Aid since I was out of red.

    I'm sure you have a few extra bottles around the house right now too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea...totally gonna do this today

    ReplyDelete