Thursday, January 20, 2011

Busy! Busy! Busy!

I have been BUSY, if you couldn't tell from my title :) This blog is about some of the things that have been keeping me busy.
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have finally seen my new nephew Eli for the first time :) He's nearly a month old and my sick children have kept me from seeing him until now. Cameron didn't understand that he had a new cousin until he saw him.
ADORABLE! And he didn't make a sound the entire time we were there, even with my five playing. That's probably because he's used to my favorite niece Olivia, who's as loud as my five put together, LOL, but not kidding :)


Here's the first picture of all the cousins together, what a great looking family :)
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I also bought a pomegranate. Zoe loves them and is always begging for them. I hate them because they are such a mess. I bought one anyways, because that's what moms do.


I looked up on the Internet and found a YouTube video of how to properly cut a pomegranate. It also showed a less messy way to do it, which I was very excited about. Zoe got to enjoy the pomegranate and I don't have red stained hands. Now pomegranates won't be so scary to buy.


Here's a link to the YouTube video, if you are interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHyqoeB0Wlk
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I bravely and patiently cut Emmitt and Castiel's hair. I used my skills from watching the other kids get their hair cut for years.  I'm proud to say that Castiel no longer can be mistaken for a girl.
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I've also been busy with eBay! I have sold 89 items for $727.73! I can't believe it either. I just listed a bunch of stuff: stuffed animals, doll house furniture, dvds, baby items and nearly everything sold.


I sold a pet net for 9.00 plus 1.50 s/h and the two grandparents from our dollhouse for 19.50 plus 3.00 s/h, three receiving blankets for 6.50 plus 2.50 s/h and a car seat for 46.00 plus 20.00 s/h. I am definitely going to keep selling.


It's putting extra money in my pockets while cleaning up my house at the same time :) Win, Win. Packaging everything up and getting it to the post office is a lot of work, but I would do that over having a garage sale any day.
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Cameron also started his second semester of pre-preschool. It's only 2 days a week, but it's good for him to have something to do on his own. The teachers are great and he loves them. I am thankful that they have him singing the alphabet in order, because it's something I couldn't convince him of.


He started complaining of his toes being scrunched in his shoes, so we went shoe shopping after his first day. I got him a new pair and didn't realize until then just how scrunched his toes really were. I gotta teach him to speak up sooner, because these days I'm too busy to notice everything unless told.


He went from a size 7-1/2 to a 10. Ouch!!!
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I designed a vehicle magnet for my mother's business. Soon she will be able to advertise while she's driving around town. I think my dad should get a set for his vehicle too to show his support :) 


Here's a link to my mother's fused glass website if you are interested.
http://www.mysassyglass.com/
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have been playing around with Picasa. This is a google photo program. I think I'm going to use it to make my photo books for the kids. I'm not sure yet, still playing around. I am also trying to figure out how to share photos with the program. I have it all set up to share, I just have to contact someone to test it out, fyi Em. I figure it might be an easy way to exchange photos with the family. I know some of the family has great pics of my kids, and really, I just want to steal them.
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have also discovered a new way to get my kids to eat apples. I asked for an apple peeler and pie dish for Christmas. I am yet to make an apple pie, but we did have to try out the new tool and we discovered it is fun and easy . . . and most importantly, it makes apples taste so much better, lol.
The girls have been asking to peel an apple when they get home from school, instead of rummaging around the treat drawer.


Doesn't all curly food taste better.
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Zoe was looking at my calendar where I am keeping track of all my goal accomplishments and said "That Chicken Cordon Bleu was last Monday, it feels like forever ago". So I took that as her asking for another new meal, which we had last night. It was Mushroom Meatloaf, which the girls devoured and the boys weren't interested in touching. That's okay, I had leftover Mac & Cheese in the fridge :) I'll post the recipe later.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
And then, there is the planning for January's get-together. We are Packer fans in Bear Country, so I can't think of a better party. All the Bear fans (our neighbors) are coming over for Brats and Burgers and we're gonna watch the Packers take the Championship (I hope, otherwise they might all be kicked out of our house into the snowbank).


My boys are ready for a BIG WIN on Sunday!!!


Life around here is never dull, that's for sure. I need a nap :)

3 comments:

  1. We are cleaning house around here too... and I hear you. Ebay is great, but the post office and s/h is awful. Sometimes I think I'd rather drive the stuff all the way to the buyers home than hassle with that part of it :o)

    The extra money is nice! I'm going to be selling lots of stuff this spring. Leo is growing like a weed!

    My mom's boyfriend got me a potato peeler from a resale shop (he's an antique buyer) and it doesn't work like it should. We have destroyed so many innocent apples in the last 3 months. I think there is a reason it ended up in a thrift store, lol.

    AND, I love Picasa, but it takes up so much memory on my computer. I've been using Picnik lately. You would like it I think. I need to make myself a new header... it's been over a year!

    I love your blog, (obviously, I'm stalking it :o) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie, I'll check out Picnik, not totally sold on Picasa. I'm still trying get my header up. Hoping to have time this week.

    Don't worry, I stalk your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love this post! I feel like I've caught up with everyone. :) Can't believe your parents have a couch-ful of grandkids! It's a great pic-good work! Cam & Eli are quite precious, too, in their own pic.

    I also love that you bought Zoe a pomegranate because 'that's what moms do'. It's so true and you are a better mom for it. She's a lucky girl....and now I kind of want a pomegranate, too. This summer I bought one, I think but also bought some that were already taken apart and fresh in the produce dept. Also found a bag of frozen ones at Trader Joes, too.

    You've really been keeping yourself busy--and keeping up with your goals (and there's still a week left of January)!

    ReplyDelete