Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Definitely Gotta Make This Again Mom!"

First off, it was definitely the right decision to watch the Packer Game and not try to cook something new on Sunday. GO PACK! I would have burnt it, over cooked the noodles AND rushed to throw it together on game night. So, instead we ate cold pizza because the end of the game was more important than a hot meal.


A huge thanks to Em for the big pan for Christmas, it's a lot easier to cook a meal for my big family in one pan instead of trying to do it in two.


Last nights dinner  :)






Again, I got this recipe from: www.campbellskitchen.com

Shortcut Chicken Cordon Bleu
Boneless chicken breasts are quickly sautéed and topped with a mouthwatering sauce starring cream of chicken soup, white wine, ham and Swiss cheese.

Instructions

  1. Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.
  2. Stir the soup, water, wine, cheese and ham in the skillet and heat to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  Serve the chicken and sauce with the noodles.
At a Glance
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Ingredients:

1 tablespoon butter
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons Chablis or other dry white wine
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
4 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained


This is a definite make again. Zoe gave it 4 3/4 stars and Audrey gave it 4 stars, as did I. Cameron gave it 1 star, but 1 is his favorite number and the number he always picks, so I rate his from his almost empty plate as SUCCESS!






Emmitt and Castiel ate it too. I just didn't give them as much of the sauce.






And something happened last night that rarely happens in this house. The girls asked for seconds! They usually eat what is on their plate and ask for a snack later. They actually both ate two helpings  :)


The only change I would make next time is to cut the chicken up after browning it. I always have to cut up dinner for the majority of the kids anyways, so next time I will cut it up before I pour in all the stuff to make the sauce. Girls were kinda afraid of the Swiss cheese, but we all agreed that it was great.


K.C. was missing from the meal, working, so leftovers were in fridge for him. He ate it at 9:00pm when he got home, which is sadly normal for him these days. He preferred it to the chicken patty or corn dogs that he usually has me throw in.


Finding a recipe to cook is the hardest part of cooking for me. There are just so many choices and I never know if I'm picking a good one. Thank you to everyone for sending me their family favorites, keep them coming, I plan on using some of them in the future.


So 2 for 2 is pretty good. I'm hoping to keep this streak going.

1 comment: