Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Packers to the Superbowl!!!

YAY! Who thought a few weeks ago that we would be headed to the SUPERBOWL! . . . only every die-hard Packer fan, we never give up, do we  :)
We had a great neighborhood get-together. Our home was full of Bears fans, which made victory that much sweeter. We all feasted on way too much food and my home will smell of onions and sauerkraut for a few days. And I couldn't be happier.
I could say we were greatly out-numbered, but there are 7 of us, so we are never really out-numbered by much! Our favorite Bear fans, our neighbors, were all gracious in defeat and happy for a good game.

But there was silence in the neighborhood. No fireworks streaking across the sky in celebration  :)  That means we did good :) Go Pack!!!
• • • • • • • • •   • • • • • • •    • • • • • • • •    • • • • • • • • •    • • • • • • • • •    • • • • • • • • •    • • • • • • • •
We find ourselves more cut off from our neighbors during these winter months. It's part of living in the North. That's one of the things that makes winter feel so long. Children cooped up in the house is never a good thing. The occasional trip shopping or on warmer days out to build a snowman or to go sledding, is freedom short lived.

During the summer months, we barely make it through a single day without interaction with our neighbors. We are far away from our families, but this neighborhood has taken us in as family. Our children play as though they are siblings, knowing each other for the last seven years. We have learned to trust our neighbors and know that they are there for us when we need them. It's very comforting.

A change of job has our life's path going in a different direction. If we can sell our home in today's housing market, everything will change. Change is good, right? I look forward to finding a new owner for this home. Someone I hope who will love it and our neighbors as much as we have.

The difficult choice is finding our new neighborhood. I hope that we can be so lucky to find a neighborhood that our children can grow comfortably in. Where I can trust my surroundings and know that we are home. School ratings are at the top of my list when looking at neighborhoods. Kids spend so much time in these schools, I just pray we make the right choice. So much of this decision is based on what is best for my children. And that's the way it should be. I just want them safe and happy.

Sometimes the easy way out is staying the same. Life is full of twists and turns. If everything stayed the same and comfortable, we wouldn't grow into the people we are meant to be. I look at my babies, wishing they could stay small and adorable and all heart forever. But then I look at Zoe, and I remember thinking the same about her. She will soon be turning 10 and I love seeing the person she is growing into. She is an amazing person that fills me with pride, so much it brings me to tears at times.

So as sad as it makes me, and as excited it makes me at the same time. My new focus will be selling this house. It's been on the list for a while, but it now has to find it's way to the top of my list. I need to sell my home, so my family can feel whole again. I'm ready for change.

1 comment: