Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Black Eyed Baby

This morning I had to take all 3 boys shopping by myself. I avoid doing this whenever possible, but today I realized I was out of milk, bread and diapers!

Of course Cam refused to walk, so he went in the front of the cart and I put the twins in the back. So you can imagine just how much room I had left in the cart for food.

I have learned to make use of the bottom of the cart, that's where most of it goes. It probably saves me money, I don't have room for any extras.

Someone actually asked "Why do you shop with them all in the cart?" Does she really think it's a choice? Another lady asked if they were triplets, I guess she didn't see Cam's legs?!?

We survived with a trip to the bakery counter for a free cookie. Parents with kids who don't know about this, most grocery stores & Walmart will hand out cookies to kids, all you have to do is ask :)

I always consider a trip successful when I get comments on how good my kids are. They are good shoppers, so much to see.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Emmitt took another spill today. This is the second time in a week that his face has taken the brunt of his daredevil nature. He really has to learn that not everything has to be climbed and stood on!

This is what it looked like tonight about 10 minutes after it happened :(
He was crying right before the picture, I love that he still smiled for the camera :)

I'm worried about what it'll look like in the morning! But soooo glad that he didn't get his eye.

Zoe said "He'll get a lot of attention and love at Easter" and I'm just thinking "Isn't that going to look nice in all the family shots"

I'm sure I'll have a picture of a pretty nice shiner for you tomorrow.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Most of the night this house has been busy with a secret mission. I'd love to share, but can't :D
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
And I just wanted to share the books that Cameron has been having me read to him over and over all week.

These books are sooo boring to me, but the questions and concentration on his face make me smile and keeping reading them.

The funniest part has got to be me trying to answer his questions. Why is he doing that? What is that for? What is that called? I answer the questions as best I can, but my construction truck knowledge is very limited.

I answer the questions because he is the kind of kid who needs an answer. He's not happy with "I'm not sure" "I don't know", that just leads to more questions.

So I have learned it's just easier to answer with the most logical answers that I can come up with, but half of the time I'm laughing at myself over the awful answers that I'm giving him.

Today was one of those days that I miss the dress up clothes, barbies and the vanity full of fake makeup . . . it has been replaced by all things boys :)

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH! I SO was going to post on this about your secret undertakings. I had questions like if you put it in a box (like Christmas) and I shook it, what would it sound like? How heavy, etc? You guys are the BEST! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete