Sunday, April 3, 2011

Zoe's Gotta Go Back To School Before She Makes Me Fat!

Weather hasn't been the nicest for our Spring Break . . . but not horrible either.

The kids have definitely spent their share of time running around outside . . . but not in the 60 degree weather that I had hoped for.

We knew that the weather wasn't going to be ideal, so Zoe's plan was always to cook and bake a lot. And that's exactly what she did.
Julie, she lived in this apron all week . . . seriously!

First, Whoopie Cookies . . . from scratch!

All I helped her with was thinning the batter and pulling the hot pans out of the oven. Other then that . . . I walked away and let her do her thing. She is my little Ms. Independent.
Look at all those ingredients, I found a recipe that used Devil's Food cake mix, but she preferred the list of ingredients, exactly the opposite of how I cook :)

I also told her that she'd be in charge of clean up this time. I have always let her bake and walk away, but she always makes such a HUGE mess. I thought if I gave her the responsibility, somehow she wouldn't make as big of a mess . . . but she did.
She didn't like it, but she did it :)

And if you aren't familiar with Whoopie Pies . . . they are basically giant Oreo cookies . . . but again, my brilliant little 10 year old's mind at work decided there would be twice as many if she made them iced cookies.

She named them "Whoopie Cookies", which she was very proud of and they were delicious!!!

And Zoe continued all week . . . very happily :) Monkey Bread, yummy!!!

Deviled Eggs, that Audrey turned her nose up at, but then realized she loved them :)

This doesn't include pictures of the carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Yes, she made those too :) My favorite!!!

She had more on her list: Fat Bars and Rice Krispie Treats and Apple Pie . . . but I had to say "enough"

Yesterday morning she made a pile of French Toast, seriously, she's so happy in the kitchen. But I think I gained five pounds this week!

So guess what this week has inspired?!?!?!?

P90X TIME!

If I'm not complaining about my entire body aching on Monday evening, I want everyone to yell at me to get my butt moving . . . please . . . I may need some yelling . . . I mean encouragement :)

Also, I have to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the kitchen floor, between Zoe's baking and the Aqua Sand, it needs it.

I better do that before the P90X :) Otherwise, I may not be able to.

Today's their last day off and I have approved handmade ice cream (in the ball . . . gift from Tracy and Mike) and personal sized pizzas . . . each kids gonna make their own for dinner :)

This week has definitely not felt like a vacation to me . . . but it never does with 5 kids :)



3 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of Zoe for all her hard work in the kitchen this week! It's awesome she chooses to bake from scratch, too. Keep it up! It reminds me when she stayed with us for their Cinderella ballet weekend and she helped me make all sorts of things from scratch. I know it's no fun cleaning up after working hard to make the food. Love her look in that picture. LOL

    Good luck starting up P90x!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Uncle Mike says he wants a sampling of all but the eggs, including the 3 she didn't get to make--yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Zoe in her apron! It really was the perfect gift for her :o)

    ReplyDelete