Friday, April 8, 2011

Nothing Short of a Miracle!

KC is going to be the only one that truly appreciates the miracle.

Woke this morning and started making today's new meal :) I had lots to do, so I picked a slow cooker meal . . . ribs. I have never ever made my family ribs. They have ordered them off a menu and love them but never from my kitchen.

Until today :)

That's eight pounds of meat . . . I didn't want to be short :) We have enough for lunch tomorrow too! My family gave it 6 and 7 stars (I think they wanted to let me know that I should make it again). I'm just happy when they eat :)

Zoe also made her Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips again.
This is the third time we've made these. Emmitt devours them :)

Today was a two workout day. I decided that I was never going to do them back to back again. So I took advantage of the boys one hour morning nap today. They went down at 10:00, I gave Cam his morning snack and turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and started the Legs & Back workout.

Done.

Woke the boys up at 11:15 and let them play in their room for a bit while I picked up the kitchen and made lunch.

Sat the boys down for lunch and the phone rings, caller id said "Centralized Showing" (In my head I'm thinking please be for tomorrow, please be for tomorrow) but of course they want a 3:30-4:30 showing.

I requested a 3:45-4:45 because of the girls coming home from school. Since I didn't make any plans with them I could just leave them.

So I'm cleaning the house . . . and I haven't had a showing for over a week, and I let the house go a bit. "A Bit" is the understatement of the year! My living room had become an eBay store and my family room had become the storage room. This place was project city . . . not show worthy.

Cleaning, stuffing, moving, vacuuming, out to the garage, in the attic, laundry, sweep, mop, pick up toys, toys and more toys. The whole time yelling at myself for letting it get that bad.

I was concerned when I didn't hear back from Centralized Showing to re-confirm the time, so I called them. She said "no news is good news, they didn't cancel it so it's on". So I kept cleaning.

I got it done, still not sure how (again, KC will be the only one the truly appreciate the transformation of our home today).

At 3:20 I woke up Cam and told him to get his shoes and jacket on and made his bed. Emmitt up, jacket on, into the car. Made Emmitt's bed, got Castiel's jacket on, made his bed, opened the curtains and what do I see in front of my house?!?

Two cars pull up, of course, they are early . . . 

Run out of the house with Castiel in my arms and she says "you running a little late?" I just answered "yes, sorry" knowing she never got a call to change times "I need to stay here, my kids aren't home from school, please take your time". Turned "Ice Age" on for the boys in the car . . . not 5 minutes later, they were gone, I was back in the house with the boys and the girls came home from school.

UGH! SO MUCH WORK FOR LESS THEN FIVE MINUTES.

KC's came home early tonight, what's why it was New Meal night.

I have decided that Ab Ripper X will not be happening today. I'm not too disappointed, I still got in an hour workout. Getting the house ready for a showing was my second workout for the day, seriously it was that bad.

With the house this clean again, I just hope that the realtors keep calling all weekend!

The family is playing the Wii and I'm enjoying a pomegranate margarita. I know that it is Friday night, but I think everyone in this house will be going to bed early :)

No comments:

Post a Comment