Friday, April 15, 2011

A Cherished Childhood Memory

We all have memories that we cherish from our childhood. The simplest of things can put us right back in a moment or place that makes us smile.

That happened to me this week :) I was going through a bin of 18 month clothing that I had packed in the attic. A friend of mine wanted to use Emmitt and Castiel in a photo shoot this week and the clothes in their closet were getting a little snug.

I crossed my fingers and opened the bin. I had no time to go shopping so I was just hoping for something to work. I wanted to find at least one thing that I was happy with. I was pleasantly pleased to finds lots of options :)

Then I pulled out a pair of bib overalls. And what did I see?!? Another pair of bib overalls!!! Just like the ones that my grandfather wore nearly everyday that I can remember. He may have had more of a wardrobe earlier in his life, but in all my memories, he is wearing striped overalls :)
This is my grandfather, Walter (on the right) with his cousin, Cole

I remembered this photo, so the wheels in my head where turning when I found the bib overalls! I added a white onesie and packed a toy John Deere tractor in my bag. And I couldn't be happier with the results!



I want to thank Julie Ferenzi for her patience in working with my boys. As you can imagine, they weren't the easiest subjects. They were looking, crawling and walking in different directions nearly the entire time. This was my first experience getting pictures of my children taken outside and it was a wonderful experience with amazing results. I don't know if I'll take them back to a studio any time soon :)

If you live in the area and want to have a different experience then you can get at a photo studio, I would recommend giving Julie a try. Check out her website.  http://www.JulieFerenziPhotography.com
She has more examples of her beautiful photography on her site.

I love when things just fall into place perfectly. That's how I feel about these photos. They are pictures that I will cherish forever and they will always remind me of my own childhood on my grandparent's farm.

I was so happy when my father posted the picture of my grandfather on Facebook, saying that the pictures reminded him of his father . . . wonderful memories . . . a wonderful man :)

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, thank you so much for the kind words! The boys were absolute angels, they made it SOOoo easy! I can't believe how many great shots I got of them... I was just hoping for the best because of their age, but they weren't just good they were awesome!

    I just love the comparison of your Grandpa and Great Uncle Cole to the boys! The photos side by side are great!

    Thank you for letting me use the boys for my portfolio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blogs Missy !!!! Just awesome !!! Where has the time gone, it seems just like a few years ago your dad sent us an e-mail with brand new Audrey pic's in it!! This piece about Granpa you wrote is spectacular, Thank You for sharing !! Granpa only wore other clothes for fancy events, which wasn't very often as you said.

    ReplyDelete