Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Chicken Egg = Guilt?

I cracked open an egg tonight for dinner . . . twins . . . it made me feel a little guilty.

I don't ever remember cracking open a "twin" egg before. I've cracked open countless eggs without thought or guilt, but this one made me stop.

I just stood there staring at them for a minute and then scrambled them  :(

I've been doing that a lot lately. Not staring at eggs.

Feeling guilty and I know that I shouldn't be.

I'm getting lots done, but not as much as I want. I'm working out, but not as much as I want. I'm spending time with the kids, but not as much as I want. I looking toward a better future, but it's not a clear as I want.

Some of you will say that I've put too much on my plate.

The fact is, I will always have too much on my plate and never enough time. And I know this. That's what I signed up for when I had 5 children. But they are worth it. Completely.

Expectations are high, but I don't think too high. It's good to think and dream big. It's important to know what you want out of life and go for it. The hardest part for me is knowing what I want.

Sometimes life is a lot of hard work, but I'm always looking toward the rewards.

As a mother, there are rewards in almost everything I do. I just have to remember to look for them, recognize them and smile. It's like the saying, "Don't forget to stop and smell the roses".

There are rewards surrounding me every moment of my life, I just have to remember to take them in and enjoy them.

I am stressed and tired, but the fact is, when I am done with some of these projects, I'm done.

I'm putting myself through this now, so my future is easier and cleaner . . . at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I decided I have to make time for some fun too.

So, a little creativity today, but it shows my mood.
My first ACEO. It's a miniature watercolor. I figure I'll play around with watercolors and ink for a while, then move onto another medium. I've decided to do a series. "Finding my Passion" It's going to be a series of 100 hearts, a journey and experiment to find my passion. Find my love. Find myself.

I realize after a day like today, I need to open my eyes a little wider and relish in my accomplishments, realized what I have in life and enjoy it instead of questioning everything.

"Just Keeping Going", advice from my little fishy friend, Dory

I also need the sun to return . . . it's making me gloomy.

1 comment:

  1. The cold and lack of sun has me in the same kind of mood. I forced myself to sew today and it made me a little bit happier...

    Someone once told me if you want something done, give it to a busy person. As a fellow mother of 5, I have to say, it's true. Sometimes I'm afraid of not being busy, because the silence and stillness scares me into thinking that someday all of this life around me will be gone and grown... and that they won't need me anymore.

    Ah, the sun. I will be good to see it and feel it again!

    ReplyDelete