Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cameron is Learning :)

I've had my concerns about Cameron.

He hasn't seem to be interested in learning the basics: colors, letters, numbers . . . until recently.

Everyone has told me . . . it's just a boy-thing.

He never sat still, so it was nearly impossible to try and "teach" him anything. Reading a book to him was no fun, because he always seemed to be bouncing off the walls. So not interested at all.

The colors have almost been mastered. Pink, purple, white, gray and brown are still hit and miss. At least he's not calling brown - chocolate anymore, lol.

He didn't believe me that the alphabet had to be said in order. "I'm doing it!" as he sang "a,b,c,d,h,t,l,z,x,c,m,i,o,z" . . . I figured that at least he was getting some of the letters. It's starting to get better.

And he can say his numbers pretty well, probably the easiest for him. But visually, he doesn't know them. (Except, of course, 1 and 2 because of the Wii remote . . . same for A and B)

I have him in a Park District 3 year old program. It has done wonders with him. They assure me that he is doing great. "Love his personality" "He's a leader", which I hope doesn't mean bossy, because that's what it typically is around here.

I'm sure part of it is also his age. He'll be 4 in a couple of months . . . maybe he's just ready now.

In the last couple of weeks, he has his favorite books that I read to him over and over. Then this week he told me he was going to read to me. (I asked him if I could taped it, not knowing what he was going to do, because he has such a great imagination.)

This is how he did . . . have I said recently how much I love this kid!!!
As a parent, I'm just happy for the confirmation that he is finally listening :) - - - and that isn't a Kool Aid mustache, he scrapes his teeth on his upper lip, sign that he needs chapstick

Also he is finally sharing with us some of the things that he is learning in school. We are hearing his friends names and stories of his day.

This is our new favorite from him. He's showing Grandma & Grandpa :) I love how animated he is!

As a parent, I just want the best for my children and for them to be the best they can be . . . but I'm learning that sometimes it just has to happen when they are ready . . . patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment