Thursday, April 7, 2011

Castiel Won This Round :)

I put the boys down for their naps and started my Yoga X workout immediately. I wanted to be done before 3:30 and the workout was 1 hour and 32 minutes long. Yoga made me sweat the most so far.

About 25 minutes into it, the guy says "clear your mind" and right on cue I hear Emmitt start screaming. I let it go on for a couple minutes, then hit pause.

I go into the twins room and Castiel is actively pulling the last of Emmitt's blanket into his crib. Castiel has 2 nuks, 5 blankets and 2 pillows in his crib. Emmitt, yup, left with nothing! He looked at me and threw his head into his hands, very dramatic . . . poor guy, all he wanted was to sleep.

In my head I thought, what a picture moment, Castiel smiling his evil smile surrounded by everything and Emmitt crying his eyes out with nothing, but I thought it would be kind of mean. And I needed them to go back to sleep.

I kind of wish I would have snapped that photo :)

I put everything back where it belonged, laid them both back on their pillows, shut of the light and shut the door, and thankfully they both went back to sleep.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Zoe had a field trip today to the Science and Industry Museum. She didn't like it. I reminded her that it was better than being in school and she shrugged.

We went there with my parents to see the "Harry Potter" exhibit, which was amazing. My dad is the biggest Harry Potter fan I know, and Zoe seemed to like that exhibit as much as he did.

It's definitely a "learning" museum, which I guess didn't live up to the "fun" factor that a field trip should be.

Her only comment about today was "I got to see a baby chick hatch out of an egg". I think that in itself would be worth the trip.

She looks tired. I'm sure they did lots of walking.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Since she doesn't have homework, she came home and started working on her artwork for the Gallery Walk at school in a few weeks. We've all decided to do a little art project.
Zoe's after Day 1

Audrey's after Day 1

Cameron's after Day 1

Mine after Day 1

These are colored pencils on wood, inspired by the art show that we just went to. He did wildlife drawings, so we all decided to do the same :) I love when kids are inspired!

I'm trying to teach "taking your time" with the kids. They will usually rush through and finish an art project too fast in my opinion. Especially Zoe.

It's the bossy artist in me.

We have a few weeks and have told them to do their best and when they need a break . . . stop. Instead of finishing quickly and messy up something that could have been really nice.

I know, bossy artist, but I can't help it.

It takes everything in me not to "fix" a project . . . I'm always making "suggestions", I'm horrible, I need to cut it out.

This is her project and I'll do my best to let it stay that way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment