Saturday, May 14, 2011

6 Down, and Me Trying To Stay Healthy!

Cruel Midwest weather. You sweat us out for a few days. And then just take it all away!

But we definitely had fun in the heat while it was here.

Zoe came home from school on Thursday and KC told her to go change and she could clean the pool. Her little ears heard swim in the pool and how could daddy say no. It was in the mid 80's. Water a little chilly, but that didn't stop them :)
Audrey can finally touch the bottom of the pool. No more water wings!
The day before the pool, we had the sprinkler out. Zoe wanted to see if the twins would like it.
Emmitt backed out to watch from a distance. Castiel froze. Didn't like it but couldn't figure out how to get out, so he just stood there until Zoe saved him.
 We had neighbors over as soon as the water was turned on. And some of the neighborhood boys rode their bikes down the sidewalk through the water. I love summer.
Then, we had a tornado warning, cold weather blew in, and never left. It is cold out there now :( A 40 degrees decline, so cruel to the kids . . . and ME! I can't just say "Go outside and play!"

Then the girls started throwing up out of nowhere.

Cam continues to be sick.

Twins are now sick.

I had all 5 kids home on Friday. But it was a lay low kind of day. You would think I'd be super busy, but I was bored.

No one was eating, so no cooking needed. Just the occassional attempt at keeping down toast and cereal.

All the kids laying around. Watching tv. Reading books. Taking extra long naps.

Aside from the extra laundry, yuck. I have had it pretty easy.

So I decided to do some caulking.

It started because ants were getting in by the front door. So I caulked them out.

Since I had my caulk gun going, I continued on to the bathtubs, toliets and sinks. I even re-caulked the backsplash in the kitchen.

Nice and new white caulk :)

Then I got a call for a house showing.

I hope that the new caulk will help sell the house!!!

That was yesterday.

Today, we had to get up and going. House showing from 9-10am. Quick breakfast, clean up and out the door.

Since the kids weren't feeling well, I plugged in a movie and drove around on a hunt for some garage sales.

Some EXTREME garage saling was done today!
 Twins scored 10 pairs of pants, 2 tshirts, 2 long sleeves and a GAP hoodie

Cam scored 7 pairs of pants, 2 shorts and a tshirt

 Even Eli scored a GAP hoodie (couldn't pass up 25c)

I also couldn't pass this up for $3.00, we had 1 already, so we are ready for a hike in Owl Canyon with the whole family :)

Also got the Heffalump Movie on DVD and an old fashion cash register.

All for a total of $12.75!!! Most of the items were only 25 cents, some 50 cents :) My kind of garage sale!

Maybe I'm not an Extreme couponer, but I'm definitely an Extreme garager saler :)

And now KC has come home from work early . . . SICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment