Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Honey :)

Didn't have time to post this blog yesterday.

It was KC's birthday and he surprised us by coming home early!

We weren't quite ready for him. The presents were wrapped but the cake was only half done. It was an extra special cake this year. I figured since I've been using my kitchen more, I'd try and duplicate his favorite, Ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

I love the internet. If I don't know how to do something, I can almost always find it there.

After going through a many of recipes, all different, I decided to piece together what made the most sense to me :)
My ingredients, didn't use the Hershey Drops, that was going to be for decoration, but decided it was overkill.

If interested, I used about 10 of of the sandwich cookies. Scraped off the cream (which the girls ate) and crumbled them in a bag.

I lined a pan in tin foil. Let the Mint ice cream (KC's fave) soften and then scooped it all out and smashed it into the pan.

I poured half the jar of hot fudge over the top (next time I will use all of it).

Then melted 40 dipping chocolate chips in the microwave. Pour the crumbled cookies in the bowl and stirred it all together. Then spread them over the hot fudge.
Placed in the freezer to harden for a few hours.

Then pulled it out by the tinfoil, removed the tinfoil and place on plate.

Stir up the softened ice cream for the top. And then I spread it on like frosting. (This is the point KC walked in the door :)  )

Place back in the freezer.

Then we finished it off with a little Whipped Cream. (I tried to find "Whipping Cream Frosting", which was suggested but I wasn't able to find it)
It was super easy and everybody loved it.

I would suggest making it a day or two in advance if you want it harden like DQ's, but I don't typically do things in advance, I'm lucky to get things done on time :)

We'll be making it again. A little cheaper. And I can personally pick out the favorite flavors for whoever's birthday it is.

It was a fun and relaxing family night.

The twins hadn't seen daddy for a few days. He's home after bedtime and they've been sleeping in lately. They were very happy to have him home :)
The boys all watched SpongeBob together, happily in daddy's lap. Cuddle time.

Later they also made time for wrestling and hiding under blankets on the floor. Good night. Thank you for coming home early :)

Love you Honey. Happy Birthday!

I also want to add a big thanks to all you teachers out there. I thank you for teaching my kids the knowledge that I don't have. My kids are growing up into the people they are because of your help. I don't take that for granted and I will continue to educate them to the best of my ability from home, because I believe they have the chance to be anything their little hearts want to be and the knowledge to get them there is everywhere. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment