Friday, May 6, 2011

Extreme Couponing . . . kind of :)

I don't know if I have a future in extreme couponing, but I'm willing to give just about anything a try.

Zoe asked me if I wanted a binder for my coupons for Mother's Day. I told her that I didn't think I was going to need it, but after doing it just once, I can see how people get sucked in.

I vow here and now that I will not let couponing take over my home :) That should make KC feel better.

I had a huge mess for a few days. The coupons didn't seem to match the ads and I was getting very frustrated. Then I started finding a few and a few more.

I would compare it to putting together a jigsaw puzzle. At first it seems impossible, but the more you look, the more that goes together. After a while I started to know my coupons better and the ads. I figure it has to get easier the more you do it.

I didn't get any totals down to pennies, but considering that I seldom use coupons, they were all deals to me. Normally I wouldn't think twice about paying full price. (I would find deals in the store, but never prepare like this.)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
WALGREEN'S
Net price: $49.54 with $16.00 to spend on my next trip
Best deals at Walgreens: flossers (free), Noxzema razors (made $1.01), Gillette Fusion Pro (.89c), Bic Soleil (.99), Tampax ($2.99), Herbal Essence ($1.99)

The bright pink nail polish was $1.99, but Zoe has been looking for it since last summer :)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
CVS
Net price: $50.93 with $28.77 in ExtraBucks for next shopping trip
 Best deals at CVS: Special K (2/$3.94), Gatorade (2/FREE), Bought the Starbucks and Cheese Dips for a total of $7.98, Pantene (2/$2.97), Right Guard (2/.49c), Dawn (2/.48c), Colgate (FREE)
 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
 TARGET
Net price: $55.72 with $15.00 in Target Cards for next shopping trip
 The best deal I got from Target was the diapers! It was Buy 2, Get a $5.00 TargetCard. I also had the same deal in a manufacturer coupon, the cashier was nice to me, so I got another $5.00 TargetCard and she let me use a coupon for $1.50 off on top of it. The Halls was found in clearance and got them for .28c.
 Charmin was buy 2 get a $5.00 TargetCard. I also had 2 coupons on top of that. And SURPRISE, look at the package :) Coupons in both packages. I figure they could pay for the entire trip :)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
SHOE CARNIVAL
$31.98
KC picked out 2 pairs of shoes that he wanted to buy with his birthday money from my parents and his parents. Shoe Carnival had a BOGO 50% off, so I got the sale prices :) I also found a $5.00 coupon in their ad!

That's what I got done today.

I know I didn't spend the $6.81 on thousands of dollars of products like I've seen on tv, but this was good for me. I am happy with my deals.

KC's comment on my shopping "Boy, I'm going to smell good" And then he smelt all the body wash and deodorants :)

I figure I'll take that $59.77 and see what I can do with it next week. Maybe I can keep the savings rolling from purchase to purchase :)

LOL . . . I have already planned a trip back. With the coupons I got from in the Charmin bags: (2 Dawn/make 2 cents, 2 Ivory/make 2 cents, know there are great Gillette deals, but I think I might have enough of it already . . . I'll have to see how good the deal is, LOL . . .

I think I will try to continue with this one. I will have my eye out for deals . . . I'll try and pass on the great ones :)

I also wanted to share something I saw in the Dominick's ad. "Get a half-price Frappuccino" Happy Hour 3-5pm May 6-15th. I L-O-V-E Starbucks! Don't know if it is offered in more locations, but I wanted to pass it on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment