Monday, May 16, 2011

O-Oh!

Words, or at least pieces of them, are being heard from the twin trouble-makers.

Their favorite word by far is "O-Oh".

I hear it in many forms. "O-Oh." "O-Oh!" "O-Oh?" "O-Oh!?!" and "O-Oh?!?"

They are the same word, but they have very different meanings.

"O-Oh." - - - "You said no, but I am anyways."
"O-Oh!" - - - "I just took this anyway from my brother and he's really mad!"
"O-Oh?" - - - "I dropped that, could you pick it up for me?"
"O-Oh!?!" - - - "I know I threw that at you while I was throwing a tantrum, and I'm still really mad, but I want it back?"
"O-Oh?!?" - - - "Oh, you didn't want me to pull all the kleenex out of the box?!?"

I can't tell you how many times a day I hear those words.

I have also found the words very useful. I can be looking everywhere for Emmitt. Calling his name over and over, with no answer.

All I have to do is yell "O-Oh" and he can't help but respond to that. I'll hear a faint "O-Oh" back and find him in a corner, under a bed or in the bathroom.

This technique has been used many times :)

They really have to get more of a vocabulary, but they are understood . . . much of the time :)
 "So you didn't want us to completely destroy the toy area before bedtime?"
"O-Oh, because we did!"

No comments:

Post a Comment