Thursday, May 26, 2011

When Is It Time To Write Another Blog?

. . . when I lay in bed from 11-12:30 last night thinking about what I would write if I had the energy to get out of bed. I almost got up, but made myself go to sleep instead.

I've wanted to sit and blog, but life has just been too crazy.

Kids were sick.


Extra cuddly and falling asleep everywhere.

There are only six days left of school. The school is having fun ABC days for the last 26 days.

M=Mismatch Day was my girl's favorite day by far.

Then I got sick. Couldn't function "well" for 2 days.

I had to function, because I am M-O-M and I don't have a choice. The girls were wonderful and helped lots. KC did his best to get home early and let me go to bed.

The hardest thing about having sickness in our house for a couple of weeks, is just getting back into things. It just doesn't feel normal around here yet.

This morning was the first time in a week that I was able to make a grocery trip. We were out of almost everything.

I'm good at going everywhere with my kids. Can't afford a nanny, so that's my only option. But I was dreading the grocery store with all three boys this morning. I had a feeling that it wasn't going to go well, and the boys ... well, they proved me right, unfortunately.

Cameron was asking for a cookie before we walked in the front door. So we went to the bakery counter and the boys happily each took a cookie from the nice lady.

I got my fruit and veggies.

Then I rounded the corner to go down the first aisle and Emmitt started crying. Cookie gone.

Then I got to the second aisle and Castiel started crying. Cookie gone.

Then I got to the third aisle and Cameron ran ahead, babies both screaming, he almost took out a lady.

I got the sympathetic looks and the looks that I should be doing something, but I can't carry two babies. And if I pick up one, the other one would just scream louder. Trust me. Lose, lose situation.

Emmitt cried until I had him home, in his highchair and ate an entire peanut butter sandwich. Then pointed asking "Mo" (translation: more) And I wasn't starving them and running late, it was only 11am at this point.

Castiel hasn't stopped crying the entire day.

I blame the 6 teeth trying to surface at the same time.

We made a New Meal tonight. Yes, Castiel cried all the way through. Zoe wanted to study her State Capitals and play this song over and over. Emmitt, for no apparent reason said "mom" over and over about a hundred times with a bass mouth, a hinged lower jaw "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom".

Not the most relaxing dinner.

So I poured myself a glass of wine. I spilt a little on the counter and I hear Zoe "can I lick it up?". Seriously?!?

This whole day has been an out of body experience.

The meal got 4 stars. I really liked it. Saw this review after dinner was already in the oven. "I could not in all conciousness serve this recipe as is to my family....at 1000cal/70grams fat per serving!!!! I made the following changes,I used fat free sour cream,98% fat free/low sodium cream of mushroom soup and 50% fat reduced bacon bits, I did not serve all the sauce." I don't believe in cooking with fat free ingredients. Personally, I think it destroys the taste of food. It made me feel a little guilty serving it to my kids, but they are active and it's not like I'm going to make it for them daily. BTW, my kids loved the sauce!
Doesn't look too appetitizing in the picture. Chicken breast, bacon, cream of mushroom, mushrooms, sour cream and rice. Zoe said it would have gotten more stars if I added more bacon.

Quiet house. Wrote my blog, so quiet mind. Enjoying my second glass of wine. I'm going to paint some more ACEO's until KC gets home. And KC has the next two days off :)

Things are looking up already!

I'm going to add a couple of cute kid moments that I am enjoying.

Castiel: He looks at his shirts now to see what is on it. He was really excited about the doggy shirt and the Thomas the Train shirt. It's great just to see him noticing things like that. And he asks about them with his "eh?".

Emmitt: I have caught him lying. He blamed Castiel for hitting him in the head, but I saw the whole thing. He realized I had been watching and dropped it pretty fast. He had hit himself with a toy and pointed at Castiel and started crying. It's started already!

Cameron: He has me reading "Where the Wild Things Are" nightly, for the past week. He is starting to take over, since he is memorizing it. I love that he comments on the same pictures, the same way, every time. Like the giant bird that is climbing the tree. "Birds don't climb, they fly."And he laughs every time at the monster with the big nose.

Audrey: She wakes up randomly, usually around 10pm and sleep walks. She came out of her room "Are you going to put me to bed?" I just went back in and tucked her in ... again :)

Zoe: She is concerned she might have breast cancer because her boobs have "lumps" in them now. I asked her if they both did and told her they were just growing. "Then if your boob feel like lumps, how do you find a cancer lump?" I thought it was a very good question :)

I love having kids. I know I complained about my day, but I wouldn't change the bad days . . . it just makes the good ones better :)

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful update... keep up your hard work - you really are one amazing and very special mom. it's important that you realize that and believe it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That is one heck of a day. The part that touched me the most was where your daughter fears cancer. Don't we all? Now it's even touched our children because I bet every one of us has lost someone. LOVE your day. Glad YOU are living it. LOL

    ReplyDelete