Friday, January 6, 2012

Can a Night Owl Become a Morning Person?

Zoe needs to catch the middle school bus for band practice two days a week. It forces mommy or daddy to wake her up at 6:00 in the morning.

KC and I usually take turns at this task. We've actually played rock paper scissors to see who has to roll out of bed first.

I was a night owl all through college. I'd pull all nighters on a weekly basis.

When KC and I were first married, KC worked 10am - 7pm, so it was late dinner, late night, late morning.

Now, with a house full of children, we have learned to enjoy quiet evenings together. Either catching up on things that we didn't accomplish during the day, or watching our favorite TV shows. Sometimes both at the same time.

It's always been normal for us to be a late night family. It's been our normal.

But with school getting earlier, and 2 year-old twins moving into big boy beds, and a workout schedule I'd like to try to accomplish ..... maybe I should be thinking about getting to bed early, so I can start my mornings more cheery :)

•     •     •     •    •     •     •     •     •    •     •     •     •     •

Today I realized that I got tons done.

I do accomplish a lot on the mornings I am forced out of bed. I feel like I accomplish more throughout the day then usual

Maybe this will help me in my "DO"ing goals.

So I'm going to see if in 2012 I can turn into a morning person ...... the early bird catches the worm, right?!?

A good dose of coffee will help with my cheeriness, while I adjust.  :)

- - - This news will make KC's year, but my hope is that he may choose to convert too, even if it's a couple days a week  :)  - - -
I'm sooo proud of my girls. They are adjusting to moving again wonderfully and being so helpful unpacking & helping entertain the boys while I try to put our home together. Thank you Girls  :)

2 comments:

  1. so happy to see new posts --- I thought we lost you in PINTEREST ;) ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First-I LOVE the picture of the girls. It makes me so happy when they have real smiles for the camera. :) Second, I think you could adjust fairly quickly. Since college my personal and work schedules have fluctuated over the years and I've gone back and forth between being a morning person and a night owl. College was late nights, my first job had later hours, in Virginia I worked 6-2 at one job, and between jobs I'd stay up later to be with Mike. I don't have nearly the stamina he does for several consecutive all-nighters but it hasn't bothered me much switching back and forth.

    ReplyDelete