Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Place to Play

My boys have been playing amongst boxes for a few weeks now.

I designated an area in the basement that would eventually become the playroom and purchased a carpet remnant at Home Depot for a great deal.

This is what our basement looked liked this morning.


A couple of hours later . . . . .

It proved itself worth the effort when the girls got home from school and five minutes later the boys all woke up. I sent them downstairs to check it out . . . and then had to call them up for dinner at 5:30  :)

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

After dinner, Zoe had planned to make dessert for tomorrow. She announced that all the ingredients were in the kitchen, so I okayed it without many questions. She wanted to do it all herself, which I love. I love that she's found something she enjoys.

So she's in the kitchen, and I realize she's at the stove melting chocolate, I ask if she needs any help . . "nope". She had 4 mixing bowls with different portions of the recipe, I asked again . . . "nope". Then she's scraping it all together into a pan and asking if a butter knife would work for a "round tipped knife", I asked again if everything was okay, need me . . . "nope".

Then she proudly showed me the pattern she did to create a marble pattern.


That's when I noticed the magazine on the table! GL, a girlie teen magazine, that she received from Aunt Tracy & Uncle Mike for Christmas. Yes, my Zoe found a recipe in it  :)  She is definitely one in a million.

I remember getting teenie bopper magazines at her age, and I can honestly say that I never noticed any recipes in them.

I'll have to let you know how it turned out. It's basically a frozen cheesecake  :)

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

One more thing.

This has started happening this week.

It may mean nothing to you, but it adds more stress to my day.

The boys are now drinking from "big boy" cups, which means that the chance of a cup spilling has nearly doubled.

Castiel has proven himself better at the cup. Emmitt still is trying to put his whole mouth in the cup, but we've seen big improvement in the last couple days. First meal I calmly wiped milk off the floor three times . . . but tonight we had zero spills :)

Dealing with so many changes with the twins . . . they are happy to take on the new challenges :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of the Zoe story today! :) So glad she likes the magazine AND found a recipe AND made it by herself AND made a rockin' marbled design on top!

    Good luck with the new cups. Think of how clean your floor is going to be (after you wipe up their mess!). :)

    ReplyDelete