Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Pinterest Love Affair

I have a completely addictive personality.

So when I was told about Pinterest, I logged in and within two weeks I repinned over 700 things. I have a few original pins of my own.

I know, I'm sick.

So if you are unfamiliar with Pinterest, it's a site that is full of crafts, food, desserts, home decor, organizing ideas, hairstyles, and all things good.

It's the perfect website for mothers like me who love doing crafty projects and serving fun meals to their family and creating beautiful desserts to show off at parties ... but we just don't have the time to come up with the ideas.

So this year I am going to be using the website to try and have more fun with my year. While also getting organized and becoming a better cook.

Tonight was our first attempt. We made a homemade calzone. We made our's slightly different, because we had pizza last night.

So we made a calzone with barbecue turkey and mozzarella, with the dough made from scratch.


My helpful assistant for the night was so excited about how dinner would turn out.

I've heard from a couple people that there are Pinterest groups being set up and challenges out there on the Internet.

I will be posting my Pinterest accomplishments throughout the year. Don't know how many I'll end up actually doing but I'll number them as I go along, I plan on doing lots and lots!

PINTEREST #1. Calzone - - - here's a link to the pin.

Two weeks ago, the thought of making a calzone had never crossed my mind. Since seeing it on Pinterest, I've thought of nothing else :)

I need to practice making pizza dough. It didn't rise like I thought it should. We also cooked it on the wax paper, which we ended up having to peel of the bottom of our meal.

So, it wasn't perfect, but it was delicious. It's definitely something I'll make again . . . I've just learned a few things this time around.

So if you're not a member of Pinterest, check it out you might find something that you find of interest.

1 comment:

  1. I looked at Pinterest last week and didn't get it. It was the longest website of images ever! I'm glad you understand it and got a recipe out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete