Monday, January 9, 2012

A Meal with No Fuss

Sometimes simple is better.

Especially when mommy has a headache. I think I have a head cold.

It's on days like these I realize that the volume of our home is . . . loud.

Dinner is usually the noisiest time of the day. I think it's a combination of the girls coming home from school and the boys waking up from their naps.

All that energy colliding at the same time is deafening.

So because of the headache, today was a good day for a meal that I knew everyone would eat without a fuss.

PINTEREST #4 hot dogs poked with spaghetti noodles & macaroni and cheese on the side.
I know the noodles are redundant but my kids don't understand hot dogs without macaroni and cheese. And the spaghetti noodles in the hot dogs, well that's just fun.
Dinner went as planned. No fuss, happy kids, full stomachs :)

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

Other big news of the house. I am attempting to potty train Emmitt.

For a couple days, I was trying to potty train both twins. Then realized they both want to go at the same time and I don't have two toilets close enough together in my house for that. I think potty seats are icky, so I don't use them.

Emmitt shows much more interest in the toilet. He is starting to tell me that he wants to go.

I have a jar of jelly beans on top of the refrigerator. I call them pee-pee candy.

I know gross right? but I've done this three times before and candy works the best. Especially to a 2 year-old that doesn't get candy very often.

We had three successful trips to the potty today. One of the times I wasn't paying attention fully, and he made a "pissss, pissss" noise that I quickly understood what he needed to do.

My favorite part is when he's sitting on the toilet and he yells "I peeped, I peeped!"

My goal is to have the house diaper free by the end of April.

1 comment:

  1. I thought macaroni and cheese was only eaten on Fridays? Remember in high school :)

    ReplyDelete