Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Creations By My Children" . . . and yes, I know I'm Crazy :)

After just a few months with my blog . . . I have added another blog. "Creations By My Children", I know, a little crazy, a little over board . . . but that's how I do things.

But, I am totally justifying it. Because it is going to serve a very important purpose. It is to help me with another one of my 2011 Goals, "Kids School Papers".

Like I said, I have papers everywhere. LOTS of school papers, LOTS of artwork, and LOTS of memories. I seriously have boxes and boxes of the stuff.
Random boxes around the house
My last attempt of trying to organinze
Baby Books/Boxes/Photo Albums
Notice (1987) yes, memories from my past
More random boxes
And yes, more random boxes - I know, it's a weakness of mine!

We got a brand new, HUGE recycle bin last week, and that inspired me. My goal this week is to fill this Recycle Bin with paper. I could probably fill it 2 weeks in a row, if I stay motivated. I am not just going to purge the paper. I am taking baby steps.

My camera is going on the tripod and I will take lots and lots of photos. I am keeping the memory, without having to keep the actual memory.

My "other blog" is my memory book of the past. Things I want to get rid of, but can't. It's funny how a silly little piece of paper, or movie ticket, or hospital wristband would mean something to me . . . but I hold onto it, because they are little pieces of my children's lives. And I refuse to become a hoarder, so on to my solution :)

So I'm going to think of it as my Online Scrapbook of Memories Past. It'll mean more to me then any of you, but it's there, so if you want to take a look from time to time, be my guest :)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Also, I have finished the kitchen. I went through EVERYTHING! I packed up 5 boxes, have 2 boxes of stuff to sell on eBay and got rid of the extra cabinet (I know you're proud of me KT). My lent goal is to pack 2 boxes a day, eBay 10 things a day and clean the entire house in 40 days. Yes, I know . . . that's 80 boxes packed, 400 things on eBay, and 12 rooms in 40 days . . . but I don't sit or sleep as much as I should, so I think it might be do-able :)  I'm not Catholic, but I follow Clover Lane, and again, got inspired . . . I'm starting to think that I'm ADHD, but I think that is sometimes a good thing when you're an adult :) . . . . I also drink LOTS of coffee!

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing Sarah's 40 bags in 40 days too. I got sidetracked by spring cleaning up the backyard but still... I made up for it earlier in the week when I got ahead of myself!

    Cute idea to blog the kids artwork! A few years ago I started scanning in the artwork from the kids onto the computer because there is just so much!

    P.S. I'm certified A.D.D. and it's the only thing that keeps this house running some days! Nothing wrong with that :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been taking pictures of and making digital scrapbooks of the kids artwork on snapfish. I break it up into 3 year periods, and than once Maddy started kindergarten, I have been buying 3 ring binders for each school year. I put in them, her writings, certificates, etc...And they have handy little folders in them for her yearbook from that year as well...so what you are doing does not sound crazy to me at all. But, one suggestion...keep the hospital id braclets, those are priceless:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I was behind and caught up today :) Cam took an extra long bath while I cleaned out the bathroom closet.

    Jackie, I will definitely keep those bracelets, I'm talking about every emergency room visit :) I might do the Snapfish books, but I'm in cleaning mode now,so I'm going to go with it . . . I figure that if I get it all done, I won't feel so guilty about the creative stuff :)

    ReplyDelete