Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not So "Super" Moon :(

The Supermoon was definitely not the brightest that I've ever seen . . . at times it was barely visible with the layer of clouds covering it.
The street light was brighter.

But it was "super" . . . date night!!!
Grandma decided to change the angle of the pic, mid-pic, but it works :)

With KC's parents visiting, we took advantage. It's only our second date this year, but we're trying. We went out to Biaggis, our favorite Italian restaurant. Pomegranate Martini, Penne Sardi and Chocolate Cake . . . yummy!

With March Madness going on, I was shocked that KC made reservations at a restaurant with no t.v.'s :)

That was the "first half of the date" (my half).

Then KC decided we should stop at Fox's Pub, a new place in town, for a drink on the way home. This was the "second half of the date" (his half). We were at the bar with the Wisconsin game playing on a big screen 5 feet in front of us. Great game, much less conversation :)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Had a great weekend with KC's family, well, of course, my family too. Kids got spoiled and entertained and they loved all the extra attention. Castiel had everyone holding him as much as possible and Emmitt showed off his new walking skills. The kids keep calling me "grandma" since they left.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
We also had a house showing on Saturday, with all our company here. I had lots of help picking up. But then . . . they showed up a half hour early! The 7 of us, Grandpa and Grandma, Auntie and Cousin Jack all poured out of the house as fast as we could. Really, lately I'm not having much luck with these showings, early . . . late, I can't win. They said they'd be back, I'm hoping so :)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
The kids all played "Headbanz"on Friday night. You put a picture card on your forehead and asked questions to try to figure out what it is. Cameron, as usual, was hilarious. He couldn't, not look at his card. He always snuck a peek. But he was smart enough not to guess what he was right away either.
Example: "SHEEP" . . . " Can I be eaten" "Yes" "No I can't, am I fluffy?" "Am I a marshmallow?" "Am I a sheep?" and then proud that he "guessed" correctly, he'd give a proud 2 thumbs up. I was impressed that he at least played along.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
And we ended the weekend relaxing . . . or running our little hearts out some more.
Odyssey Fun World in Naperville

Yeah, no pressure keeping track of 5 children here!


I didn't get any pics of the girls, they were off running with their friends :)

Kids had a great time . . . thank you neighbor's for having your birthday party at such a fun place!

The girls did bumper cars and laser tag, rides and each got 40 tokens each, which lead to lots of tickets . . . that, of course, they are used to "buy" candy for the car ride home. Cam cashed in 150 tickets for a bag of Swedish Fish :)

And I was able to leave with the same five children I came with, without having to use the intercom system to locate any of them. Very proud of that, the place was HUGE.

And the kids all went to bed early :)

THE END (to a very long but fun weekend)


1 comment:

  1. We went to Fox's Pub the week it opened. We took the kids with, and it was great, but I bet it was a great place for a date too!

    I think I'm in the photo of the hamster tube contraption. I think I'm in the middle of rescuing Leo from the ball pit!

    It was fun seeing all of our kids together, (minus Mark!)

    ReplyDelete