Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Day Late . . . sorry

So I screwed up royally! My Star of the Week. I let her down. I forgot about the "Family Letter" that was suppose to go with her to school today. I don't know how I missed it. I have lots of excuses that I could use, but I'm not going to . . . I should of had it ready for her  :(  Major fail.

So what did I do? I authorized a switch of days. Thursday is "favorite stuffed animal" day, so I'm hoping it is okay with her teacher, but I sent her with a stuffed animal. The letter is now ready for tomorrow.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
FAMILY LETTER

First, I want to apologize to Audrey for being a day late with her letter. I forgot and I'm so sorry.

FAMILY: We have a big family. Audrey is the second of five kids. I think most days she likes having a big family. But, Audrey was very upset about getting a little brother and then double upset about getting twin brothers. But her brothers adore her because she is the fun, silly sister that plays with them and always gets them to laugh and smile. Audrey and her big sister, Zoe, are usually fighting and I am sorry Audrey, but yes, you will probably always have to share a room with her. And you don't believe me now, but someday you will be very happy that you have a sister.

ABOUT AUDREY: Audrey is definitely my silliest child. She has been crossing her eyes since she was two years old and she has a crazy evil laugh that she is really proud of and good at :) (Maybe she wants to show the class?) She is good at making people happy and getting them to laugh. She is my crazy, silly, goofy Audreymeister :)

FAMILY VACATION: I think her favorite vacation spot would be her Grandparent's lake house. We go there as much as we can, but it is five hours away, so it's a long trip. It is near Green Bay, WI and their house is on Legend Lake, on an Indian Reservation. There is so much to do there. She feeds the fish off the dock, swims in the bay, looks for shells, plays in the sand, goes frogging (but lets the others actually catch the frogs, she watches), kayak rides, campfires with hot dogs and smores, fishing (but she won't touch the worm or the fish), paddle boats, swimming on the sandbar (one of her favorite places).

Fourth of July is the best because we get to take the boat out into the middle of the lake and watch the fireworks go off all around us. There are hundreds of boats out on the water. We get to watch at least five big firework shows at the same time. Audrey loves it there.

POEM: Roses are red, violets are blue, there is no bigger goofball, but I still love you.

We moved to Plainfield when Audrey was only 3 months old. This is the only place she knows. If you don't know, our house is for sale and we hope to move closer to Wisconsin and closer to her family. Audrey is probably the saddest about the move. I know that she will miss all of you, but she is such a great kid, I know that she won't have any problems making lots of new friends.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
There is nothing worse than disappointing your child. And really, she was fine "Some parents don't send in letters at all". But I am not one of those parents. And a letter is going to be sent in, so she knows she's special to me . . .  only a day late.

No comments:

Post a Comment